Nokia

Great cell phone
May 14, 2001 10:58 AM 3607 Views

I purchased the Nokia 918 cell phone in December of 2000, based on the fact that a few family members had the phones and hadn't had any problems with them. I chose the tracfone prepaid cell plan, only because I didn't want another monthly bill and basically just wanted the phone for emergencies. The prepaid minutes are expensive, its $7.99 for 10 minutes, $19.99 for 30 minutes, $49.99 for 100 minutes and $99.99 for 250 minutes. Minutes can be purchased in several department stores as well as the tracfone website. Minutes must be purchased every other month, with the exception of the 10 minute card, those much be purchased monthly.

This is still a great phone for as little as $7.99 a month. Once you buy the minutes, its as simple as punching a few numbers into the phone to add your minutes. The phones are great, small and compact, easy to use with volume control. The volume control is important for me, since I have difficulty hearing. The phone is lightweight and durable. It has been dropped several times and it still works. I've found reception to be great at all times, except in the car, sometimes there is static interference. The phone itself was reasonably priced, they retail for around $59.99 with a $30.00 rebate, I purchased this phone at a special sale for $9.99 so the phone was free after rebate. I couldn't pass up this great deal.

I would recommend this phone to anyone looking for a great cell phone, without the monthly bill.

Nokia 918