Nokia

Love this phone!
Feb 18, 2008 11:17 AM 6114 Views
(Updated Sep 14, 2011 03:30 AM)

A phone is one thing that you always carry with you thoughout the day, so you should always make a good informed choice about it. Also you should go for the phone that matches your personal needs the most.

I have had this phone for about 3 weeks now and I found it to be very usefull. I hadn't chosen this phone myself, and I wouldn't choose it if I had the choice, it was given to me.

*First impressions

However, after using it I have changed my mind about this phone. When I first put it in my hand and used the sliding function, I was instantly put off by the phone. The slider has some play and is loose fitting, the last thing you want is to have the phone to fall apart in your hands. My last phone was a Razr V3x which broke in 6 months, the charger socket broke upon use. I have also used sony erricson phones, 2 motorolla's, nokia(the simple cheap one) and an LG(reliance).

Delicate

I was weary of delicate phones. There are so many pro's about this phone that I forgot the con's over a few weeks!

Music

First of all the music function is great. I put in a 1 GB stick in there and now its as good as an mp3 player to me. The advantage of having this instead of an MP3 player is that you do not miss any texts or calls becuase the music stops whenever you get a notification.

So when you are jogging with you mp3 player in one pocket and the phone in another, you might not hear your phone or feel the vibration, but if your using your phone as the mp3 player, there's no way you can miss it. The sound quality is very good, comparable to an ipod. However the best sound i've heard so far is on a sony mp3 that has a lot of base, so its not as good as that.

When you listen to music you can skip tracks using the controls and the earphones, and also change the volume. You can receive a call in between the music playing by the controls as well.

*Looks

In the looks department it obviously does well. I have had several people comment on this phone, and its not too common in New Zealand.  It is quite sexy when you slide it open, I also enjoy the clicking sound it makes when you slide it. It has a polished finish and silver lines running though the sides.

The menu is handy, it has shorcuts to make notes which I used to do in text messages in all my previous phones. This is such a simple thing, yet its sooo useful!

It has a huge storage for texts. Let's face it, you would have to be nuts to store more than say 1000 text's. You cannot search through them, so whats the point.? This stores enough.

Dont drink and text.

I have dropped it on polished concerete once and I was pretty sure it would shatter but I was lucky. The back cover and battery came out but the phone was fine. I will buy a cover for this before I drop it and all is lost.

It is not tougher than a V3x in terms of being resistant to being dropped but I would recommend it over that phone.

The charger for the phone is very compact, the most compact i've seen in all the phones i've used. This makes it easy to carry around in your bag as it dosen't take up much space. So if you like to get drunk and drop your phone all over the place then this is not the one for you.:-o

I like the screen that comes up when the screen goes blank. There is one line which shows if you have any texts/calls and also the time and date.

The battery life isn't an issue for me, I carry the charger around with me. I usually have to charge once a day only, I put it on charge over night. It likes to have long periods of charging.:P

Cheap for a millionaire like me.:P

The phone cost rs 8100 on special. The camera is reasonable but nothing special. It's a 2 megapixel but dosen't look all that great on the computer, I don't know why!:-o Since I have seen some old nokia's with better picture quality.

Conclusion

It's a great phone, will it stand the test of time? I can't say.use it carefully.

If you have any question related to the phone please ask.:)after all I am here to help you you only.

I am getting an iphone in a few months, I hope you can wait that long enough for a review on that!:P Stay tuned people.

computer repairs: thepcguru.co.nz