Nokia

Old Still Gold
Oct 02, 2011 11:31 AM 7903 Views
(Updated Oct 02, 2011 11:35 AM)

HI friends I am writing a review on NOKIA 1100; the latest cell phone from NOKIA which was released in mid December 2003.

This time I wanted to buy a cheap NOKIA fone since I had never used Nokia be4. I didn’t want to buy 3310 becoz its bulky. I asked the dealer about a cheap fone from Nokia & he showed to me 1100 and seeing its size I bought it. NOKIA 1100 is a dual band fone. NOKIA wanted a cheap entry level phone which it could not make since a long time except 3310. The phone can be seen nokia-asia.com.

Let me introduce this phone to u:

LOOKS: The front and rear panels are changeable as with most Nokia fones. The phone weighs only 86 grams and has the dimensions 106x46x20 mm. Therefore u can see that the fone is not at all big and fits in jeans easily. One major advantage in Nokia fones is the internal antenna which allows the fone to fit inside the pocket easily. My Samsung R220 even though small has an external antenna which creates a problem while keeping the fone in jeans and driving a bike. The microphone, charging port and interface connector are located on the bottom. The sides have grips which prevent our fingers from slipping it while using. The phone is not water proof nor shock resistant. The fone has two holes on the top for the straps. Placing one strap into the two holes will ensure maximum stability.

A new feature in this fone is the White Flash Light which is present in the middle at the top of the fone where the on/off switch of 3310 was located. It consists of one light diode and in order to activate the light, we have to press the C button, pressing it twice will turn it on constantly.

KEYPAD: The keypad is made of silicon and I don’t quite like the keypad becoz the keys are stuck densely to each other which is not comfortable. They are rather tight and tough when pressing them. The symbols having a large font are easily visible and the keypad’s backlight is yellowish green. The keys are seen in the night easily though the* and # keys are not provided enough light. There are two arrow keys which are located at the top right side below the screen which is difficult to adapt if u r familiar with the arrow keys located in the middle. In the middle is the NAVI key which performs the function indicated by the text above it. It also dials a phone number and answers a call. The traditional call accept/reject keys are absent . At the top left hand side is the Power key which is burrowed in and is difficult to press. Holding this key will switch the phone on/off and when pressed once in the standby mode will give the list of profiles to select a particular profile.

BATTERY: The battery can be seen by removing the back panel. It’s a Li-Ion type(BL-5C) battery which can work up to 400 hours during standby mode(the company says so), and from 2 to 4.5 hours when talking. My maximum use of the cell is for SMS and u know that sending and receiving SMS’s consumes much battery. But I am very satisfied with the battery of this fone. It works for 3-4 days easily when fully charged keeping the standby time less and using the fone maximum for calls and SMS. The sim holder is located below the battery and has a lock which clips in when u insert the sim card.

Nokia 1100