Picture Quality:

Mar 31, 2017 12:25 AM 1796 Views

Picture Quality:

Shutter Speed:

Battery life:

The NIkon D40 is all new affordable, compact, point and shoot digital SLR from Nikon, it follows on from the D50 but at a significantly lower price point and with a subtly different feature set. The biggest news however is probably fact that nikon resisted the temptation to keep chasing megapixel and instead apper to have concentrated on what makes a good camera, a decent viewfinder, short shuttler lag, very short viewfinder blackout. they've trimmed some of the'less important feature'( you can't change the exposure steps for example) but have squeezed a range of new features such as custom auto ISO which we welcomed with the D80.

negative effects

perhaps the biggest negative on D40 is that it does'nt have an internal focus driver motor and hence no mechanical focus drive pin, instead it only has CPU contacts which means it can only auto focus with AF-S and AF-I lenses(those with built-in focus motors). Indeed our standard lens the Nikkor 50 mm F1.8d(and the F1.4D) are munaul focus only on the D40. so thankyou for opening my review. I hope you enjoyed it.

by yash shinde