Picture Quality:

Shutter Speed:

Battery life:

Nikon

mumbai india
Results are not very exciting
Oct 19, 2006 09:15 AM 1446 Views

Picture Quality:

Shutter Speed:

Battery life:

The camera is good for open day light. But when there is low light condition, it is extreme necessary that we use tripod stand to get blur free pictures. The ISO sensitivity is low in this camera compared to other brands like sony and canon. Also color reproduction is very poor for violet and lot of setting has to be done to get matching colors.

The flash is poor. it is only effective for very short distances of 1-2m.

When I purchased I was enthusiastic. But on my first shot, the image was blurred. I thought that my hand is not stable. I tried many times but everytime it was blurred. later on I realised that the problem was that I was taking photogrpahs inside room under mercury lamps. the camera ISO sensitivity is so low that inside room we cannot get blur free image without flash on. If the object is more than 2m then the picture will be dark, as the flash is not effective for long range.

Also my experience with violet color reproduction is bad. I have complained to NIKON for this problem, but there is not positive response from them. I tried all my experience and expertise in trying to produce violet color but all in vain. Also some red color flower color was also not properly reproduced.

I will recommend this camera to people who want to take photograph only in open day light and do worry about color reproduction. As sometime the color of sky becomes green. In auto mode the camera is not able to give good results and we have to continusly keep ourself busy in setting

Nikon Coolpix L3