Picture Quality:

Battery life:

Nikon

Grin
Feb 03, 2007 11:45 PM 1601 Views
(Updated Feb 03, 2007 11:45 PM)

Picture Quality:

Shutter Speed:

Battery life:

I heard by next year that films for cameras wouldn't be available. I looked a few phones that took pictures and they seemed to be a better price than a digital camera.

I don't need a new cell phone and when you add up the charges for each month they cost more than a digital camera.

I love Olympus cameras and they had a small one that cost the same as the Nikon Coolpix L3. The problem was with the Olympus I had to buy a memory card and that put it over my$200.00 CAD budget.

It came in a small box with the camera, film clip, a cord to put on you camera, a 2GB SD memory card, a battery charger, two AA alkaline batteries, a cord to plug into my camera & computer, (so I could transfer my pictures) and a few more cords that I have no idea what they are for.

It will make a short film but it has no sound. I made one and I lost it somewhere in my pictures.

The camera is very light and I can put it in my pocket. It doesn't have a carrying case. I can take up to 2000 pictures without having to buy a new memory card. The pictures I take out side are great the ones I took out side had to be color adjusted.

It has 2, 3, and 5.1 meg pixel settings but it seems to only take pictures at 3 mega pixels.

The camera has a flash light but it never flashes. That means the pictures I take must be outside in day light.

It has a zoom lens that goes out the minute I turn the camera on. I haven't found out how to put it pack even though I have read the Manuel 3 times.

There aren't a lot of extra features and that is fine with me because after you take the camera out of the box you put in the memory card. Then you charge the batteries for 2 hours and you are ready to take pictures.

The Nikon Coolpix L3 isn't the best digital camera on the market but it is good enough for the few pictures I take. I have been using for one month and haven't had to change my batteries.

One problem is that the shutter speed is slow. I have to hold my finger on the button and it takes a second to take a picture.

The camera has a warranty for one year and I get 5 free prints of any picture I choose.

If you want a good solid camera that is cheap but very good quality the Nikon L3 is just for you.

Thanks for reading my review.