Picture Quality:

Battery life:

Nikon

NIKON S3100 - An OK Camera
May 08, 2012 09:15 PM 1889 Views
(Updated May 08, 2012 09:18 PM)

Picture Quality:

Shutter Speed:

Battery life:

I bought my Nikon Coolpix S3100 version Digital Camera on November 4, 2011 to shoot my two year daughter on her 2nd Birthday on November the 5th (the very next day) from Croma Store, Mount Road, Chennai.

The camera was priced Rs. 6700+ and they agreed to give me a discount of 2.5% as I work for one of the TATA Entities. While entering CROMA, I had no idea about Digital Cameras. The sales girl showed me a few models as per my budget requirement which was around 5k. She recommended this model S3100 as this had a Lithium Battery and was easy to use like a mobile phone battery, no need to remove them when camera not in use, like the alkaline batteries which come in some under priced versions (4.5k, etc..). I knew my brother in law had bought a 10.8MP Nikon Camera for around 4.5k in Banglore which had Alkaline batteries.

They billed for my camera and the sales representative was very patient enough, customer friendly (credit to CROMA Staff), who explained me with a demo of how to use camera. He explained me how to use Auto mode while shooting, how to safeguard the camera, etc..

To be honest with you readers, I didn't even know how to switch on the digicam and how to shoot. It was after he explained me everything for half an hour (even after billing for the cam !! ) . I was satisfied with my purchase and walked out with a smile...  :-)

CAMERA still is okay and I have been happy with it even though I use it very less frwquently. I;ve taken several photographs of my kid and they are in facebook for all my friends and family who are abroad and far away from me.

Only once I was dissatisfied with the quality of the picture in an evening in an open field. The image was blurry. I;m still not sure if it was my lack of knowledge in making the best use of the camera and in the way I shot. Apart from this, there has been no issues in downloading the pics to my computer. I've used the Nikon given software and also the other ones. Thinds are ok.

Now the prices of cameras have come down and one could get a 16MP camera with around 6x zoom ( mine is 14MP and 5x zoom) for the same 7k I spent 6 months ago.

The camera has come to me with a 2 year manufacturer warranty and I have taken an extended warranty of 1 year by paying Rs. 250.00 extra in CROMA.

Shall keep updating my experiences on this camera.

Thanks and Regards