Network:

Charges and Billing:

Nextel takes advantage of their consumers
Sep 20, 2005 11:01 PM 5310 Views
(Updated Sep 20, 2005 11:01 PM)

Network:

Charges and Billing:

I've had a Nextel since 2001, finally I decided I couldn't afford their outlandish rates anymore and called to have it shut off at the end of my contract. I went on a trip during the week it was suppose to be shut off so I had my Nextel phone forward phone calls to my other cell phone in order to avoid taking two cell phones on the trip in addition to having one being shut off during my trip anyway. I noticed my nextel was still forwarding calls once the contract had expired, as soon as I got back from my trip I called Nextel to find out what was going on. I was told by a customer service rep that there was no record of me ever calling Nextel to have my phone shut off and I would have to pay an additional months worth of service, keep in mind my monthly bill amounts to about $100. I was really upset at this and called Nextel back a couple of days later. The rep told me there was indeed record of my wanting the phone shut off and it was Nextel's fault the phone didn't get shut off so he would get my account credited. When the bill came in there was no credit so I called Nextel yet again to fix the problem. I spoke with a supervisor who told me I had to pay for the extra months service because I used the phone...well duh, they weren't going to credit me for the entire bill just part of it. Who would pay for part of a cell phone bill and not use the cell phone?, no one in there right mind. In addition to that I was never told that the credit would be voided if I used the cell phone. So I asked her to confirm with me that since Nextel made a mistake I was still being held responisble to pay for their mistake, she said yes and I say if you want to deal with that type of company good luck. I will never use Nextel EVER again in my lifetime, through out my years of loyal service to them they left me by taking every dollar they possibly could even if it was unethical on their part. In addition to that I will never use Sprint since they merged with Nextel and took on their bad rep.

Nextel Mobile Operator