185, Oshiwara Link Road, Adarsh Nagar, Andheri West, Mumbai 400058, MH

+91-9820531935, +91-22-65741005, +91-22-66784645

Craving Tibetan Food? Sernyaa is Recommended!
Oct 27, 2014 06:32 PM 2092 Views

Every Saturday or Sunday is the day when me and my husband have at least one meal outside, together which otherwise seems impossible with the both of working and leading extremely hectic lives. Having tried almost all restaurants in the place where I stay, we had never tried out this place called Sernyaa.

I had heard a lot of good things and raving about this restaurant but I have always been unsuccessful at getting a place here as it always seems to be too overcrowded(read- popular) among the classes as well as the masses.

One Sunday I told my husband that I have always wanted to try Tibetan food, so please let us visit Sernyaa. He too has been wanting to try this place. We took a chance and landed at the place without making a reservation. Luckily the place was pretty empty and we got a table almost immediately. On entering I kept looking all over due to the size of the restaurant.

There was space only for around 6 long tables and was pretty dimly lit. The person(I don't wanna call him a waiter). He was the sweetest person I have ever met in the hospitality industry. He made us comfortable and recommended things to try at the restaurant. As my husband is a vegetarian, he recommended an awesome veg soup and momos.

The main course too was decided by him. He recommended a veg bamboo rice and a nice veg gravy(forgot the name), with baby corn, mushrooms and other juicy vegetables. We enjoyed the food thoroughly! I didn't ever imagine, that Tibetan food could be this incredible!

We skipped dessert, but I will definitely try it out on my next visit. When the bill arrived I got the shock of my life! We must have ordered around 6-7 items and the bill? Rs. 600 only! Can you imagine?

Sernyaa.you are just way too amazing!

New Sernyaa - Andheri Lokhandwala - Mumbai