Academics:

Administration:

Extracurricular Programs:

Alumni Network:

I put my child in the school in 2010 for 2 reasons:

• New horizon is a big name in education and has long years of experience in the filed.

• Since it is a new school my child will get good attention.

In the starting, there were many hiccups which were acceptable. But one major surprise to me in the beginning was that the children are taught to greet with'Hari OM' instead of the usual greetings like'good Morning' etc. This was unacceptable for me as I believe in secular values and wanted my children to grow up not just with Hindu children alone. I want them to grow as good human being with secular mindset and values.

Other than few expected incidences, first year was OK and I felt I did make an OK decision in putting the child in NHG.

The second year starting was OK. But there was a major shock in the waiting! After a period of starting I realised that the school fee is increased from 50K to 59K. There was no communication about it and it was a silent increase. To my surprise there was no protest from the parents- or not known as there was no platform to make the voice together. The school do not conduct parent teachers meeting together to understand the common concerns of the parents. This increase is 18% from the previous year! The way the increase was done made me feel very bad. It was hidden from the parents till the second installment! 18% is much more than the inflation rate and the average pay hike.

I found it is very contradicting behavior from the school.

The school talks much on ethical and moral values. They boast of teaching Geetha values and conduct Dasavatharam / Mahabharatha epics in their annual program.

On the other hand:

• they are trying their hard to campaign against RTE program from government. They are taking signatures from parents during parent teachers meet!

• Take every opportunity in increasing the admission fees from late admission parents and put the children in classes where it is already over crowded. More than 35 children in a class is a usual scene.

Some other points:

• Though they have play ground in the campus, I don't think the space is enough for the number of children they already have

• There was no Art class during 2011-12.

• I did not find my child is getting chances to participate in games / sports activities in comparison to the activities the children are enjoying from the schools like Deens academy etc( Fees structure for these schools are same though!)

-I don't have a good opinion about what the child is learning from the class. Though the child is getting lots of home works / assignments. I am sure the child cannot pass without getting attention from mother at home.

• My major worry is how can an school instill moral values in my child when the school practices are not in line with what they talk?

New Horizon Gurukul - Bangalore