Accessibility:

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

Warm wishes to all the viewers of Mouthshut.com. Today I am going to write about about Nehru Zoological Park and will also write something about my recent visit.

Some important facts about Nehru Zoological Park:

Nehru Zoological Park is located near Mir Alam Tank in Hyderabad, Telengana 500064. Reaching the zoo is quiet easy as many City buses passes that place and also autos and prvate cabs are available for travel. Nehru Zoological Park is spread over an approx area of about 380 acres. This included almost 150 species of Birds, animals and Reptiles.The Zoo is opened from 9.30 AM till 4.30 PM. There are many ticket counters near the main gate and the prices are 30/adult and 15 for children below 12 years of age. A fee of Rupees 20 will be charged for Still camera.

Last Sunday I went to the Zoo with my Husband as he is very fond of seeing animals.We reached by around 11.45 AM. Got tickets and entered the park with lots of excitement. Just after entering the Zoo towards the left we went to the place where the fishes were kept in aquariums. Expectations were way too high but there were very less variety of fishes and many of them were common.

The next thing that we did is that we went for the Tiger and Lion Safari. There was a big queue of people waiting for the tickets. After a long wait of 25 minutes finally we got the tickets and hoped in to the well secured bus that would take us inside the enclosures where the Tigers and Lions were free to roam. The price per person was Rupees 40.We were lucky enough to see Tigers and would be uploding some pics that was taken.

What next we started walking around and following the directions to see the other animals that were kept in the cages. It was really nice to see the King of Jungle who was showing off his powers. The monkeys were playing with the ropes that were hanging to the trees. I was amazed to see so many turtles literally so many.There was a big enclosure where in there were many exotic birds and pelicans were among them. We also saw Emo, Giraffe, Rhinos, Hyenas, Indian Fox, Jackel and many more. Elephants and hippos too can be seen at the Zoopark.

We had a great time seeing all the animals and as it was a Sunday there were way too many visitors that day. I also saw that there were Guards standing at many points assuring that there was a calm environment and also maintaining the safety of the animals as well as the visitors. Refreshments are also available inside the park and the food items are quiet cheap and hygienic too.

Nehru Zoological Park is one of the best place in Hyderabad to be visited and I would definitely recommend this to other people.

Nehru Zoological Park