News Coverage:

Editorial Content:

Layout and Design:

Navbharat Times: TOI ka hindi anuvad
Jan 07, 2006 12:34 AM 40531 Views
(Updated Jan 07, 2006 12:37 AM)

News Coverage:

Editorial Content:

Layout and Design:

Once upon a time I used to subscribe and read Navbharat Times. That was the era of Rajendra Mathur and Sharad Joshi. I feel quite close to the navbharat of that period. I still read Navbharat as and when it becomes available.

I do read Navbharat Times but now I don't subscribe.

For, it has become a translated 'sanskaran' of Times of India, its sister publication in English. The hindi idioms, the native 'touch' expected from a regional paper has been missing.

Other hindi newspapers, earlier not available at pan-India basis have become national. Dainik Jagran, Rashtriya Sahara, Aaj, Dainik Hindustan, Jansatta, etc., are better options. Almost all the above barring Jansatta have their internet versions. Some of them are quite fast and easily navigable on net.

The version of Navbharat Times available on internet is not so impressive. Navigation is slow and design is dull.

Surprisingly, due to good marketing network of Times of India group, the circulation of Navbharat Times is quite impressive, as they claim.

Navbharat Times