Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

Hi Friends,

I am Ranjith and now I am going to share the experience of my holiday trip to Nandi Hills.I and a group of 4 friends were planning a trip on summer vacation. As every one was planning to make a trip at Kodaikanal.I thought of place which was something different. I had made trip to many places with my family and friends.but my dream is to make trekking which will be adventurous. So, I searched for many places in Google. I am a Pondicherrian. I searched for a nearest fabulous trekking spot and therby I found this marvelous hills .i.e Nandi Hills.

TRAVELING SCENARIO:

1) We five of them, started our journey in my TATA MANZA car on 12th December 2016 at 6 am morning. From there, a straight and fast travel to Tindivanam. We reached there around 8.40. There, we stopped near a local tea shop and had our coffee break. We are not in a motive to reach Bangalore with one stretch. So, there we found a location to take photos to set the picture as our whatsapp group dp. We took many stills and we, the whole gang went for a walk to nearby places. Then, sharply at 9.20, we started our journey and our next target is to reach Tiruvannamalai which is 66 km straight road away from this. When we asked a stranger about the time it will take to go there.he just replied that nearly one and a half hour.So this time, I gave up driving to my friend, Vijay. As he is a starter in driving, he drove very slowly in that straight NH road.it took nearly 2 hours.

2) From there, we went to Krishnagiri, at a single stretch.We had our lunch in a motel in outskirts of Krishnagiri at 2.30. We were very tired.So, we took rest in our cars with full AC mode and songs for few hours. It was quite raining in that place.we have been experiencing a chill climate there. After, the effectiveness of rain, we raced up straight to Hosur.Yeah guys, actually we were racing with the cars .that were going in front of us.and fun elements added that many cars raced with us too. We reached Bangalore at 6'o clock. There we went to one of our friends house. Dropped our car there.because we cannot drive anymore.we felt tired and a little bit drowsy.As it was an evening time.the city was brightening up and the local shops got boosted up. So, we went for shopping and were chating.As it was night, and definitely our morning should start with trekking.We decided to book a train ticket for 5 of them. After dinner, We booked a train from Yesvantpur junction, Bangalore that will take staright away to Nandi Hill area junction.

On: 12th December 10 PM

From: YESVANTPUR JUNCTION

To: NANDI HILLS

Train No: 11017

Train name: Ltt Karaikal Ex

We reached the destination at night 11.50 pm.

3)We have already booked a hotel room while we were travelling in train.So, the night went on staying there. The next day.we packed our bags and was more excited to go to the arena.So, I decided to get to know well about the area. we asked a fellow person about the hill and the places of visits. He said that the hill was known as the "HILL OF HAPPINESS" and it is actually located in Karnataka region. It is nearby to the Bangalore International Airport. He also said that while visiting Nandi Hills, you guys should definitely visit Bhoganandesswara Temple. It was one of the oldest temple built in 9th century.

4) We started our trip at morning 10'o clock.It was a cloudy and gloomy weather.Clouds were surrounding and it was about to be rained.We booked a Taxi to go there.Yeah, we reached the destination place. There on the top of the hill, we were mesmerized because we were closed to the sun.there they have constructed fence for safety purpose .Many tourists took selfies on that place.It was really a nice location and a lively view of sun covered by clouds. As we were in high altitude, the place under the mountain seemed as mini sized and it was really a visual treat. All age groups camped there and there is full percent safety for women and children.But the problem is accommodation and hotel facilities.There are very few hotel available which is not satisfactory at all. Because of increasing fellow tourists, we didnt get a place to accommodate there.

5)We not only visited Nandi Hills but also Tipu summer places and Fort. While climbing this hill, my friends saw the sources of rivers of Palar and Arkavati. But it was really interesting as we moved under a cave to find these sources. Yeah guys, there are numerous monkeys which is so awesome and We took some excellent clicks of monkeys. The tress around there is so high and it resembled like Kodaikanal.Cloudy and humid.It was almost evening.so due to lack of accommodation facilities, we again booked a train ticket from Nandi Hills to Bangalore.There we stayed and again we came to our normal life. But guys, this trip was too interesting.I met new people, new things, fresh air.and more importantly many funny moments captured.So, this place is definitely a place, you guys should try atleast once.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR SEEING!

Nandi Hills