198-200, Jhansi Rani Chowk, Sitabuldi, Nagpur 440012, MH

+91-712-2528604

Very poor service
Jan 03, 2010 12:17 AM 5511 Views
(Updated Jan 03, 2010 12:22 AM)

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO VISIT THIS PLACE. NEVER AT ALL

Quite contrary to the earlier review posted about this restaurant, my experience has been extremely negative. I visited the restaurant on 1st Jan 2010, on my way back from Kanha wildlife sanctuary to Pune, my hometown. Being in Nagpur for the first time, I asked around for a decent place for(late) lunch, and I was directed to Arya Bhavan at Lokmat Square. Chaotic parking situation landed me a square before the desired and on the way we spotted this place. There is a very nice restaurant named Naivedyam in Pune and obviously we were biased to visiting the one that was named the same.

We were pleased by the ambiance when we entered the place, but in less than five minutes the impression had changed. The toilets were very poorly maintained - if maintained at all, the captain did not come to our table until we shouted for him 10 minutes after we were all settled, and the captain did not have any understanding of how to help a customer choose from his offerings.

We were presented with New Year Eve menu - not sure why on afternoon of 1st January. In any case, we ordered for Chinese food, including American Chousuey, Hakka Noodles, and Veg Manchurian. the menu card listed Italian and Mexican items in such a manner that you would think that the restaurant has imported Italian and Mexican cooks! But to our greatest disappointment the food, when served after 30 minutes of ordering, was so disinteresting that we thought why did we come to this place at all?

The place did not have bowls to serve Chinese food. They served us American Chopsuey in a bowl usually used to serve 'Paneer Handi'. It was obviously difficult to serve yourself with that kind of setup, but we could never attract the attention of the captain or the waiter and therefore had to help ourselves in literal meaning of the words.

The best part of billing. For some unimaginable reason, the manager and his manager (may be the owner, we did not ask) got together to reconcile some bills and that caused forever to every customer to get his/her bill. The idea that'Customer is the king' sounded like long dead. Four youths on the next table were waiting for their bill for over 20 minutes. We watched the and asked for our bill when we were still eating, but when even after 20 minutes there was no signal of bill arriving, we simply calculated the bill from menu card, added a glorious tip of 5 rupees and put the money on the table where the manager and his boss were still calculating something. We started walking off and their reaction was dead. As if nothing had happened. This is the level of service and customer-orientation.

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO VISIT THIS PLACE. NEVER AT ALL.

Naivedhyam - Sitabuldi - Nagpur