Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

AMRIK SUKHDEV
Sep 13, 2019 03:59 AM 7086 Views (via Android App)
(Updated Sep 13, 2019 04:01 AM)

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

Murthal has been one of the most popular PARATHA DESTINATION with the delhities. Amrik Sukhdev being one of the most famous one. Its always jam packed inspite of being quite a huge area. Amrik Sukhdev Dhabba is located at 52. 250 Km. Stone, G.T. Road, Murthal, Haryana, Just a few kms away from delhi and believe me its totally worth the drive.

I was here with my college friends on a sunny winter day. We left from north Delhi around 11am in the morning( tho, we decided we would leave at 7am, but I couldn’t wake up this early, I get quiet lazy in winters, hehe) . After getting the petrol tank full, we left for Murthal. I knew it will be a long way so I got my Itunes library updated just a night before, going here after ages, I was very excited and so were my friends.

AMRIK SUKHDEV

Its a vegetarian restaurant, so we ordered

Aaloo tikki- I was very curious to know that why this Tikki was so different, so I asked a waiter there, he said “Kyuki hum desi ghee aur mehnge tel mein banaate hain” ( because we prepare it with desi ghee along with rich oil) . It was amazing. They served 2 Tikkis with Dahi( curd) , Imly and Mint chutney.

Paneer Tikka- Paneer Tikka was crispy on the outer side and tender from inside, just how it is supposed to be. Served with Tandoori veggies like capsicum, onions and tomatoes, and mint chutney complimented the flavor too well.

Paneer Butter Masala- I’ve never tasted a cottage cheese so delicious. The gravy was thick and had a correct balance of spices. Paneer was soft and tender. Relished it thoroughly.

Shahi Soya Chaap- Ok, don’t judge me but being a hardcore non vegetarian Soya never touched my taste buds in my life and I wonder why. It was so tasty. The soya chaap was surely as shahi as it looked. Well cooked and spiced well. This dish was a veg spicy curry, with a right blend of Indian flavors and spices. Do try this out, it’s finger lickin good.

Chole Bhature- The bhature were surely fresh and crispy but too oily. ( I guess that’s how it is supposed to be) . The chole were lip smacking yum. They were hot and very spicy. The pickle and ring onions uplifted its flavor.

Paneer Tandoori Paratha- Here comes my favorite, the paraathas were freshly out of the tandoor and served on my table with a lot of white butter and desi ghee on it. The paratha was stuffed with dry mashed paneer. It was crispy from the ends and the butter made it soft from between. This Parathaa is one thing you should definitely order.

Aaloo Paratha- The Aaloo paratha was delicious but not as much as the paneer one. It was very soft and lacked the crisp. However, if you’re a potato fan, you can have this.

Butter Naan- These naans were very soft and thin unlike the Mughali naan’s. These Naan’s can be improved if added more butter and thickness to it.

Fact:   The famed eatery was founded by Sardar Parkash Singh in 1956 mainly to cater to the needs of truck drivers. Now it is being looked after by his sons Amrik Singh and Sukhdev Singh. Simple fare of dal roti, sabzi, and chawal was served on charpais initially. Over the years as the patronage grew, the menu was increased to include most of the north Indian and south Indian dishes.

Murthal