Would Like to Send You Push Notifications. Notification may includes alerts, activities & updates.

OTP Verification

Enter 4-digit code
For Brands
MouthShut Logo
35 Tips

I feel this review is:


To justify genuineness of your review kindly attach purchase proof
No File Selected

Aug 06, 2005 02:01 PM 1730 Views
(Updated Aug 06, 2005 02:11 PM)

I was one of the few lucky people who was not affected by this monsoon disaster. But though, I feel very sorry for those who were severly affected.

July 26, 2005. The rain started at about 12pm. I was in my school at that time. When I saw the rain coming, I thought it must be the usual rain and would after some time. I came home at about 1:10 pm without any difficulty. When it rained continuously for 3 continuous hours, I realised the rain would bring a lot of disaster with it.

At 5:00 pm, I stepped out of my home to see how is the condition on the main road. I live in a lane and the main road is just some distance away. My lane was fully flooded by wasit-deep rain water. I walked slowly and hoped that the gutter is not open. On the main road, there was a lot of traffic. People had taken shelter under bus stop, etc. However, the water on the main road was just flooded with knee-deep water. I stared for sometime and went back to my house. Then I began watching news channels and it showed my dangerous pics of neck-deep water. I was really frightened by this.

The next day-July 27, 2005. The rain had stopped but we did not got milk and my newspaper, The Times Of India. Luckily my father milk cartons from a nearby shop and I also got to read the entire TOI paper on My school was closed, the cell netwrorks were jammed but luckily, our electricity and phone lines were not cut off.

The next day-July 28, 2005 was even more better. Most local trains had started, the cell began to work properly. The city was back to life.

July 31, 2005. The rains started again at 8 am. It stopped at about 12:20 pm. It did not caused any havoc and did not made any disaster.

These rains also affected me. Our hike was planned to Lonavala on July 27. But due to the torrential rains, it was cancelled. On July 31, when the downpour started again, I went to see the movie 'Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya's 6:30 pm show. The show started at 7:00 pm because of the power failure in the earlier show. At 9:10pm when only 20 mins were left for the movie to end, the lights again went off and I did not got to see the end of the movie. But luckily, I saw the end the next day on a pirated VCD. After many years in my life, I took the help of a pirated VCD.

The Meterological Department had told that there would be only 19 cm rainfall on July 26. But 94 cms of rainfall was reccieved! The Met Department never predicts anything right and are always wrong. Moreover they warned on July 27 that another heavy downpour will come in the next 48 hours. But instead what I saw in the that 48 hours was the rays of sun coming from the clouds. I would like to tell the Met Department to make their system more perfect. The Govt would never refuse for that

On the whole, This disaster affected all the Mumbaikars in some way or the other. But we, the Mumbaikars did not loose our spirit.

Upload Photo

Upload Photos

Upload photo files with .jpg, .png and .gif extensions. Image size per photo cannot exceed 10 MB

Comment on this review

Read All Reviews