Academics:

Student Engagement:

3rd Floor, MET Complex, Gen Arun Kumar Vaidya Chowk, Bandra Reclamation, Bandra, Mumbai 400050, MH

+91-22-26440080, +91-22-26529231

PGeMBA 2004-06 was awesome
Jun 09, 2006 10:58 AM 10280 Views

Academics:

Student Engagement:

My god i've been reading a whole lot of stinkers for MET! Well, I honestly don't know abt the MCA batches, but i've done my PGeMBA from MET and it was a great experience. Its not often that you enjoy ur studies. But management is anyways such a course where its not abt studying but abt understanding concepts and logically applying ur mind to it.

I have practically lived in coll thru these 2 yrs coz of the ever so hectic schedule (especially 2nd sem ...damn that was busy!). There's a slight problem abt the faculty here which is not always up to the mark, but we had one hell of a director - Mr. Page - who was always open to our feedback and we could choose our profs and throw out anyonw we thought was hopeless.

And the visits we had out of bombay were the most fun ever! Its very respectful of professors when they treat u like adults and not like hormone-raging kids. Our visits were fun and had almost no restrictions (except for the "get up in the morning on time" one). At the end of the day, we could do anything for the rest of the night without anyone telling us what we should do and what we should not.

And of course, the ultimate test for any management college is its placements. Well MET is still not completely there yet. But it sure is getting there. Its made huge strides in the last few years in placements for the students. But atleast its gotten every student at least 3 interviews each. Then it must be up to u to make it thru. Cant blame the college. Agreed, the package offered is not the best (this year it was an avg of 3.5L p.a.) but thats becoz MET still has to create a name for itself among all the B-schools. It'll take another 5 years to be well recognized.

All in all, experience has been good...made good friends....learnt a lot of management crap...and got a great job. I give it a thumbs up!

Write a Review on Mumbai Educational Trust-Mumbai