Motorola

Serving My Purpose
Aug 03, 2007 09:41 PM 3977 Views
(Updated Aug 04, 2007 08:32 AM)

I bought this set from Tata Indicom almost 20 months ago and still using it, it came in Rs. 1500/- with a Traveller's Bag free. Though I didn't expect a good model, still this one was not a good choice. The battery can't store charge for long and if you talk continuously for more than 10 minutes this turns so hot that it becomes impossible to keep it in touch with your ear.

In rainy days network goes out, and it has a tendency to go powered off whenever network is not found. That eventually tells upon the battery charge. The message memory is poor, and ringtones can't be heard in crowdy buses. The keypad is worst among all, and needs to be pressed with all your pressure. There is an another problem with the LCD display. Sometimes the LCD screen simply disappears and the total display goes out, also sometimes the screen decays.

But the set is very handy and has an attractive looks. That is why I fell in love with it when I first saw it. Another thing is it has a clear resemblance in features with Kyocera K112 (most probably), another product Tata Indicom was marketing at that time. Another attractive feature of it is a four way driver switch, which is not a copycat of Nokia. So users very much familiar with Nokia can't understand it's operations just at first look, which helps me. Don't mind, now-a-days it's an era of bloom of colorful and trendy tech- savvy mobiles, and I won't recommend my set to any of my friends and to those so-called college girls, who can't live without their mobiles (it appears that they are busier than Bill Gates, chief of my company). But those who hails from simple middle class family like me, and have a restriction on their pocket can easily buy and use it.

Surely it will serve the purpose of legitimate talking, despite the facts I mentioned above. By spending this small amount of money you'll get a mobile built upon CDMA technology, which has additional features like scheduler, organizer, alarm clock etc. Without burning YOUR POCKET how much can you DEMAND?

Motorola C131