2, DLF City Centre Mall, MG Road, Gurgaon 122002, HR

+91-124-4068126

Delux ... ??
Nov 15, 2008 01:25 PM 1363 Views
(Updated Dec 30, 2008 02:26 PM)

My dad had came to Gurgaon to see me and it was an off day, so we decided to go out for an outing to the Metropolitian and consequently we thought of having a good food. The options were Rajdhani, Haldiram's and Moti Mahal Delux. I had been to Haldiram's & Rajdhani prior and had not had any memorable experience there so I decided to go for Moti Mahal.

The anbience and decor were quite good and so was the menu card provided to us with all the legacy of the place written on the starting few pages. Impressed!

Now to go for the order. allrite I'm a veggie and so is my dad we ordered a Dal Makhani & Kadhai Paneer with Lachcha Paranthas & Roomali Rotis. The prices in this infaltion scenario were already heavy on wallet but I discounted that part for the fact that it was in Gurgaon and that too in Metropolitian.

Now started the long wait of almost 45 minutes before the food was served which had already left us with a heavy dose of onion salad & mint chutney in our tummys.:) Add to that a series of unwanted incidents just made the experience pathetic.

1. Wait for Rotis was almost too long.

2. Never would I pay 30bucks for a Roti or Paranthas like that. we can get the same taste if not better in any B grade restaurant.

3. Considering the serving time could be discounted if the place were to be crowded, since only 3 tables were occupied at that time I think the wait was just too long.

4. The Card Billing system got faulty so I had to look out every corner of my wallet to afford such a heavy meal!

5. Add to that the billing software too got faulty charging Rs.199 for a single kulcha! Ultimately totaling off atleast 250 Rs more than what it should have been.

So just keep these points in your mind before you enjoy your meal and never miss out an eye on the bill!

Happy eatings!