Morphy Richards

New Delhi India
Beware! Buy at your own risk
Jun 21, 2013 03:00 PM 1840 Views

DO NOT BUY THIS..Bought this product through online shopping from futurebazaar.com. The product was unusable from day one. Tried contacting Bajaj electrical (you wouldn't think it too difficult with the internet??? - it want easy - everyone kept kept fobbing me off with different contact details, which is why I have given the contact details above. I must have made at least 30 phone calls, just to get the contact details). The product is extremely flimsy, which is not what a steam iron should be.

The iron I got had a bad base plate, which meant that it caught the cloth whenever I moved the iron on the surface of the cloth. The complaints I made on line were never acknowledged or replied to. Finally, I made an online complaint to CFBP, and one rather disgruntled employee (service engineer???) showed up. he checked and said that there was a problem with the thermostat - I explained that I could'nt even move the iron when it was cold, but he wouldn't listen, saying that he would replace the thermostat, as and when it was available!!!!!!!!!!

After 3 days, I again sent a reminder to Bajaj electrical with CC to CFBP. The same  person showed up again (fairly promptly, 1 day after the email reminder) and now he acknowledges the base plate is defective, and will try to replace the product.. However, I dont want this product.. It's plasticky, flimsy.. I bought it only coz I expected to have some quality control seeing that they were using the Morphy Richards name, but that is not the case. I even wrote online to Morphy Richards, but have yet to receive any ackowledgement.  The point I'm trying to make is that Bajaj Electricals is not only pushing defective products, it is actually making it difficult to file a complaint - they dont provide an email ID, the contact number printed are wrong..

Morphy Richards Wave 400 Steam Iron