Medical Care:

Bangalore India
Worst hospital in India.
Oct 14, 2012 04:07 PM 5309 Views

Medical Care:

I had admitted my elderly sister around 55 years of age for emergency as this was the nearest hospital at the time. Due to my sisters deteriorating condition over the years due to various ailments, I have admitted her in at least 10 hospitals across India over the last 2 years.

Without a doubt, this place has been the worst nightmare. Here are some facts noted while I was serving as the attendant to mys sister.

Nurses have no idea what, when and how medications need to be given - they'll pump anything into anyone at any time (before or after meals regardless). Night nurses regularly put off the patient alarms and phones after 1:00am and go to sleep in the store area. I have seen helpless attendants trying to find them for emergencies - imagine what patients without attendants would do. Patients file is not shared at all and all sort of expensive medicines are listed, which are not even given to the patient, but charged heavily for in the bill. The broken down canteen serves only 20% of its menu at exorbitant prices. Breakfast only after 9:30am and no dinner after 7:00pm. Housekeeping uses foul smelling expired detergent for swapping floors which stink badly. TV, beds, lamps, showers, fans and a/c are showpiece only. I checked out at least 9 rooms and found that all of them have at least 2 critical items required for the patient, which were not working and not fixed. I have seen the  staff taking bribes for attending to various duties, while being abusive to patients as well.

I had to get my sister discharged prematurely with a hefty hole in the pocket since I was too scared for her well being here. Every day, her health was coming down at a breakneck pace in this place. Now she is in a smaller private hospital  where she is recovering after all the crap that was injected in her.

I would advise signing on a death warrant and before entering this HELL HOLE, which will not only burn your pockets, but also in between.

Moolchand Medcity - Delhi