7, 10, Chandan Complex, Swastik Cross Road, C. G. Road, Ahmedabad, GJ

+91-7930641706

Bhubaneswar India
It Was A fantastic Experience
May 16, 2016 04:31 PM 1529 Views

Restaurant'Mirch Masala' at C. G. Road in Ahmedabad in Gujarat is one of the oldest restaurants in the city that is famous for traditional Indian food. I had an opportunity to visit this restaurant in the year 2012 during summer with my family and in laws. Here are some observations about it.

First of all, the restaurant reception is very polite to invite the incoming guests and offer seat.  The ambiance within the restaurant was very heart touching with classical Hindi music playing slowly. Fortunately we got a table immediately and ordered the food. The food was served in a span of 20 minutes or so. The food was served in traditional Indian utensils like'Kadahi' which I liked very much. The attendant on our table was very prompt in responding to our orders. The prices of the food was quite reasonable as I remember in a big city like Ahmedabad.

A very interesting memory is associated with my visit to this restaurant. A black and white photograph of 1960s with actor Shami Kapoor and actress Sharmila Tagore was mounted on the wall which had a title'An Evening in Mirch Masala'. Worth noting that famous Hindi film'An Evening in Paris' starring these two actors was released during mid 1960s. I can never forget this experience for sure and whenever I go to Ahmedabad, I will visit it again for sure.

I recommend everyone to visit this restaurant at least once, if one happens to be in this city.

Mirch Masala - C. G. Road - Ahmedabad