Network:

Money Sensitive Individuals
Nov 19, 2008 04:17 AM 5283 Views

Network:

Charges and Billing:

I've just started a plan with Metro PCS and have been with them for about 2 weeks now.  Here is my review / take on the service and plans:

The plans themselves are good, I can't really complain.  Unlimited talk/text/web for just$50/month.  HOWEVER, due to state/federal taxes that they implement my bill came out to around$59/month, which is still not too bad considering.

The selection of phones were ok as well.  I recommend going with Motorola Razr's, Motorola Rokr's, or even the Samsung Spex to the Samsung Slider one with the computer-like keypad(I can't think of the name).  Those are the ones that are battery-friendly and are very easy to use with 1.3 mega pixel cameras.

The only bad thing I have to say with Metro PCS is the customer service!  I admit with some individuals who have already reviewed this service that their customer service is below good.  They are not very helpful and when calling the 888.8metro8 phone number they give you, the automated machine does not transfer you to who you want to talk to, AND when they do the person is not very helpful.

Along with that, going to the Metro PCS store the workers are not very helpful at all.  Although I have only gone to one store, they seemed disinterested in the customers concerns and un-trained on the phones they had to offer.

In conclusion, I think that Metro PCS is a great way to go for those who are looking for a cheap service with great coverage and great plans.  Hints:  Just pay bills on time to avoid working with customer service.  BUT it is true what they say, you do get what you pay for.  All in all I was pleased with Metro PCS and have decided to stay with it.

Side note - You can use Verizon / Sprint phones with Metro PCS.Just get them flashed at any authorized dealer.  The ONLY drawback to this is that you would have to have someone "crack" the phone to be able to use the internet and picture messaging.  But the talk/text will work with the phone.  It costs about$41-$45 depending on the store to "flash" the phone.  ANY phone w/o a sim card is fair game!  I hope this helps!

Metro PCS Mobile Operator