Readability:

Do You Believe In Love?
May 04, 2014 09:09 PM 9863 Views

Readability:

Story:

I am here to love you, to hold you in my arms, to protect you. I am here to learn from you and to receive your love in return. I am here because there is no place to be. – Garrett Blake

Ah! Some people don't die a natural death. They write letters to invite death to take their life away. Yeah it happens. It’s quite imaginable. How? Sometimes the only way to get rid of pain is a thought of giving up your own life. Some people find it foolish while some people think it’s better to give up than dying with each passing day.

What kind of person you are? Well who the hell I am to judge you on that? I’m going to tell you about Garrett’s story. The man who simply deserved to live happily but destiny has something else to offer in his favor.

Theresa Osborne- Her character has been portrayed in such a way that it will be imprinted on your mind the day you’ll finish reading the book. She is a mother of young and mature guy Kevin, divorcee and working in a newspaper as a columnist. While on her trip she comes across a message in a bottle. The message that brings tears to her eyes and awakens her soul. She realized there are some people alive who love immensely and passionately in this world.

She couldn't resist herself sharing the same with Deanna. After a lot of discussions they arrived at a conclusion of publishing it in the newspaper so that people should realize true love has no age. How she ends up in reaching Wilmington to meet Garrett Blake and how their personal meetings one after another changes her entire thought process of looking at life, has been an overwhelming experience. I personally started imagining everything in my mind to turn the next page with excitement.

Garrett Blake- I sympathize with his character. The man who married his childhood best friend and lost her in a road accident. It did make me sad. I would say it made me cry. Working consistently without giving any thought to his life he exhausted himself.

His meeting with Theresa brought some changes in him as a person. He started feeling genuinely good. But yeah when you lose someone whom you love the most, memories start haunting you. Initially he wasn't sure whether he loved meeting Theresa or it was just another aspect of living life. As days passed by he felt himself attached to her and proposed her for marriage.

The sequence of dreams which kept on emerging from one time to another in his mind always stopped him to be with Theresa all the time. I won't spill the beans you should find it out on your own what exactly happened when he realized his love for Theresa.

Jed Blake- He reminds of a proverb ‘a child is a father of man’. But looking at the character of Jed Blake I couldn't agree with it more. Like father like son is what makes their combo more sacred and worthy. Jed Blake lost his wife some years ago. She was diagnosed with cancer.

She had to leave the family owning all the responsibility to Jed Blake. Years went by; Jed didn't feel like getting married again. Garrett felt the same love for Catherine. He lost her in a road accident and didn't know how to move on. He tried concentrating on every damn thing from teaching scuba diving classes to go on sailing alone for long hours.

But reaching home empty hearted he was broken from inside. He wanted to spend the rest of his life remembering Catherine during his good and bad days. Jed knew his son quite well and made every effort for his son to be happy once again. But I guess fate always tell an untold story.

Excerpts

“But now, alone in my house, I have come to realize that destiny can hurt a person as much as it can bless him, and I find myself wondering why- out of all the people in the entire world I could ever have loved- I had to fall in love with someone who was taken away from me”

“Without you in my arms, I feel an emptiness in my soul, I find myself searching the crowds for your face- I know it is impossibility, but I cannot help myself. My search for you is a never ending quest that is doomed to fail.

“It was the first time I ever loved someone. Love is love, no matter how old you are, and I knew that if I gave you enough time, you'd come back to me’.

My View

Nicholas Sparks has always remained my favorite since the day I finished off reading “A walk to remember” and “Safehaven”. Some love stories have no good part associated with them. Sometimes life teaches us a lot and we learn to get along with it. Sometimes time heals everything. No matter how deeply you feel for someone, they have to go away someday.

They have to depart their ways. What we can do as a human? Make them happy. Make them feel special. Make them feel alive. Nothing hurts more than when something dies inside of us when we are still live. Make every effort to make people realize that yeah you do care.

You exist to put an end on their miseries. Make every day count and live your blessings. I do that more often. Be it about getting angry and feeling zappy, I make people realize what they mean to me. Those who love you unconditionally will always find a way to come back to you.

Do read this book if you want to feel what does it feel like holding onto this stunning novel.

Message In a Bottle - Nicholas Sparks