Medical Care:

Press Enclave Road, Saket, New Delhi 110017, DL

+91-11-26515050, +91-8860444888, +91-11-40554055

Fraudulent activities on charging patients
Apr 12, 2019 03:29 PM 1607 Views

Medical Care:

Dear all viewers I have recently undergone a tubal ligation reversal surgery of my wife at Max Super specialty Hospital Saket New Delhi(19th to 21st Mar 2019). I would like to share my experience to all viewers, which possibly may help both hospital and Patients .Before the surgery I was given a cost estimate of the surgery and related from the international patient admission department. I reconfirmed the price given twice through two different person in the department. I was assured that it is the correct estimate unless nothing abnormal or additional is done during or after the surgery. I spoke person named Ankoor from International patient relation and he got it re-checked through another employee named Reeta from the same department on all the list of items and was found no issues with it. I reminded Ankoor, saying that, "don't tell me after the surgery that we made a mistake in writing a code or any description on the estimate, which would result in altering the price given which is INR 448, 370.0. I paid all except INR 4500.0 before admission. At the first day of the surgery I got an SMS indicating the surgery cost given in the estimate has gone way too high, while the surgeon confirmed that nothing abnormal or additional was used or done during or after the surgery which may add any cost to the given estimate. Which clearly indicates there is no ground for adding anything extra on surgery to the given estimate. When I went to settle the invoice with quarries at the time of discharge, they gave me an explanation that it was a mistake from their side to the given rate in the estimate. Since it is 21st of March(a holiday) couldn't get hold of any senior person, so settled pending. True they discounted me somewhat like 14k, which I believe isn't what I should be charged. After about three to four days I went back to hospital with quarries on the subject, then they gave a different explanation on variation to the estimate, saying that additional material or medical stuffs must have being used in OT. To which I went to medical director, he advised Ankoor to finalize it as agreed in the estimate( to the satisfaction of the patient). I was discussed someone from international department, after several discussion with concerned departments, she came up with another explanation on estimate variation, saying that doctor used operation theater longer than expected therefore operation charges increased respectively. I paid the estimated amount, but based the rates given in the estimate, they have raised about 60k from surgery costs. Hospitalization and medicine and other relevant costs may have not reached to the estimate therefore they have raised the surgery rates to top up. Ankoor from international department is not type of person a hospital like max should employ to handle international patients where patients to be guide from A to Z. He is very unprofessional, openly lies to the patients on maters which is very obvious. His way of talk to patients is detrimental to the professional doctors and other management staff who spend all their time and energy to make the hospital to the top in the industry.

Write a Review on Max Super Speciality Hospital - Saket - New Delhi