Medical Care:

Pitampura, Delhi 110034, DL

+91-11-4735-1844, +91-8860444888

In-Patient Services
Jan 16, 2006 06:46 PM 5526 Views
(Updated Jan 16, 2006 06:46 PM)

Medical Care:

I am sharing one of the worst exereinces of my life. Me and my wife had been consulting Max Pitampura during her pregnancy and we also decided to register for our baby's delivery there. I got my wife admitted early Jan for my baby's delivery. A day after our baby was deliverd after my wife's C-Section. Everything was fine till the time she was discharged. We both were happy unaware of the problems to come. That evening my wife developed very high fever, her skin was red rashes all over. We called up doctor and she told us to give her citazine and the avil, if that didnt work. Unfortunately things worsened. Next day I took to hospital and she was admitted. And then we realised that she got rashes because of a drug called Augmentin prescribed to her. I was shocked to read about this drug on Glaxo's web site. IT was clearly written that this drug can be fatal if given to people alergic to PEnicilin. We had already informed doctors of my wife being severely allergic to penicillin, both in wrinting and verbally many times. Unfortunately Doctor was not even ready to accept her mistake. We were in hospital for next 4 days. It was still not over for us. This time Doctor prescribed my wife a medicine(allegra 180 mg) for three tmes a day, which should not be in any case taken more than once a day. This drug also was not recommended for nursing mothers. We only realised it after 2 days, when I went to a checmist to get the remaining dosage. I think this is the height of carelessness and one should only go to MAx hospital, if they want to put their life in danger. THis is infact the second incident in my life with MAx. I ignored the first one as a rare accident. But I am sure now that I wont goto Max again.

Max Hospital - Pitampura - Delhi