For Business

Rs. 4,29,000 (Ex-Showroom)

Maruti Suzuki

Maruti Udogy Limited, is Sham Company
Mar 18, 2005 11:24 PM 7783 Views
(Updated Mar 19, 2005 09:09 AM)

Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

I had purchased a Wagon-R, LX model car from M/S Anand Motors Agencies Ltd., Lucknow an authorized dealer of Maruti Udogy Limited in the month of March 2004 (Invoice No:- 72259 dated 26/03/2004).

My car Chassis No:- 231067, Engine No:- 4077488 and the Registration No:- UP32 BB 4060, was out of order only after 3 months 22 days.

There is a manufacturing defect in engine head, Oil mixed with coolant and this manufacturing defect finds mention in their circular No D-08/2004 Dated 06-04-2004. That this defect was known to both Maruti Udogy as also the dealer M/S Anand Motors Agencies Ltd., can be gauged from the fact that frequently I got calls on my mobile about car performance. Even then neither of Maruti Udogy bothered to tell me about the defect. This is nothing short of planned harassment to customer.

On 17th July 2004 my car broke down (70kms away from Lucknow-Kanpur route) and it was then that I came to know of the above fact through other sources. On reporting the problem to the workshop of M/S Anand Motors Agencies Ltd. (Job Order card No:- 43190 dated 18-07-2004), they removed the engine head from my car and have reported to have sent the same to M/S Maruti Udyog for replacement.

How can one imagine such a thing considering that Maruti Udogy Limited holds the prestigious ISO certification. Or may one presume that the said certification is a sham and is just a ceremonious emblem on their letter-head signifying nothing but pretentious affinity to esteemed family of top manufacturing companies?

Maruti Udogy will agree that once car engine is opened, it not only loses its resale value but also loses its reliability for long drives and shortens its life span too. I may add that my vehicle is a single hand driven one and has not met with any accident during the currency of ownership of my car. Maruti Udogy are requested to replace the car immediately (as my car is presently under 2 year's standard warranty period and one Year Extended Warranty).

This of course is of not much solace to me considering the hardship and mental agony I had to undergo. I ponder whether I have committed any mistake in choosing a car from the famed Maruti stable. I did not bargain for such ''manufacturing defect'' in the vehicle especially in view of the existing market image of Maruti Udogy Limited. How could such defect arise in a hi-tech car supposedly coming out of a modern plant defies imagination?

In fact, above damage had number of other implication also, including risk of life of myself and member of my family, which do not gel with the image which Maruti Udogy purport to project.

Till date I'm facing knocking problems in my car engine, I had lot of correspondences to Maruti Udogy Limited, Managing Director (Sri Jagdesh Kattar) but no reply from them one reply I got from Lucknow local office, that ''regret our inability to consider the replacement of the vehicle, and attended as per normal warranty policy'' So I request all reader don't go for Maruti Udogy Limited products. Presume that this company is a sham.

This is fact more then REVIEW

Maruti Suzuki Wagon R