Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

Rs. 4,83,000 (Ex-Showroom)

Maruti Suzuki

Outdated pocket friendly wagon car
Oct 20, 2018 09:25 PM 11502 Views (via iOS App)

Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

Bought this one in 2016 and driven more than 52000, I have a clear clue about wagonr cng. living in a big city and daily use of 80-100 kms forced me to go for a cng car which was reliable and easy to maintain. after much thought and test drives I decided to go for a maruti suzuki. I had two options in my budget. wagonr and celerio. since the person to pay for the product was my father I didn’t have an option to force him. he closed his eyes and laid his eye on the former. he had himself used one in his 20s and so straightaway bought it. I also said to myself that it is your first car and you are getting it as a gift so accept it. after fitting all the accessories and customizing it I got a satisfaction that you can use it my boy. I wanted a tiago diesel but now when I rethink about it, I thought all well that ends well. coming back to wagonr it was a comfortable car for a 6ft guy like me doing 100 kms daily. next came the running cost which is damn low even today. it returns a mileage of 18-19 in bumper to bumper traffic on cng. what more does a student like me want. but the problem came when I took it on highways. first, no boot. you have to rely on the seats to keep the luggage which means this 5 seater becomes 3 seater when going out of station. next is poor handling on highway and no stability on high speeds. and in 50k kms it has started making a number of noises which point a finger on the build quality. also there is a last point that is safety. NO SAFETY. no airbags, no abs, no ebd. you only get seat belts for safety. the only reason I am still driving it is due to low mantainance and low running cost. that is all. I won’t recommend this outdated car to anyone. you can go for the new santro or get yourself a tiago and fit an aftermarket cng kit since sitting in wagonr is not at all safe. we all know life is much more precious than money.

Maruti Suzuki Wagon R 1.0 LXi CNG