Leg Room:

Repeated MAP Sensor failure in Ertiga VDI
Mar 18, 2014 06:59 PM 173485 Views

Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

I am facing a problem with my Ertiga VDI. I got my car washed at Poddar Motors Pvt. Ltd, Ranchi (MASS) 08 December 2013. 2 days later, my car started stalling and misfiring while driving. I took it to Premsons Motors Service Centre at Ranchi, where it was diagnosed with a malfunction of MAP Sensor. They did not have the sensor in stock then. So, my car was in garage for 10 days, till the part arrived from Gurgaon. It was replaced on 21 December 2013 by Premson Motors. One it was replaced, the car was running fine until Sunday, 23 Feb 2014, when it went in for paid service of 30, 000 kms at Alankar Motors, Patna. As I was driving to office on Tuesday, 25th. Feb, I could again feel the car was stalling and misfiring. I took it back to Alankar Motors, where it was again diagnosed with faulty MAP Sensor!

Luckily, they had a spare MAP sensor with them (probably from some car which had met with accident), which they very kindly replaced in my car. I have been driving the car since then. Today(18/03/2014), the same problem resurfaced, with the car refusing to accelerate and engine malfunction light glowing. Seriously, I am fed up with this car now.

Has anyone faced any similar problem? Please do share your views.

I should not be saying this, but I regret having sold off my Indica Vista now. Inspite of all the negativities that surrounds the brand, I did not have problems like these with it. in fact, that car had never let me down during the 2.5 years. I had driven it for almost 50, 000 kms.

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga