Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

Delhi India
It's for Fickle Minded Peeps!!
Sep 15, 2018 11:16 PM 2780 Views
(Updated Oct 07, 2018 11:45 PM)

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

On 9th Feb 2009, I wrote my review on “Dev D” as I sincerely loved all the characters, songs and script. What brings me here again? Well, I did watch “Manmarziyaan” and not even in my nightmares I ever thought of watching such a huge trash on the screen. I loved Tapsee for brilliantly strong performance with no fear of judgment and audacious enough to follow her heart strings. Abhishek Bachchan didn’t surprise me at all for portraying another “KANK” character with lot of patience and decency(which I certainly find difficult to digest) Vicky Kaushal as usual, I love this man and I find his acting skills out of this world but I believe his character in this movie wasn’t up to that level and he behaved more like a colorful monkey.

To start with Plot:

The movie starts with beautiful locales of Amritsar City where Rumi is residing with her insane family. Yeah, Sikh families are usually called “insane ones” and being a Sikh myself I can so because we talk loud and clear which most people don’t get at all. Rumi is in love with Vicky who is living a carefree f up life and has no iota of responsibility towards anyone(least about Rumi). Robbie comes into the picture all the way from London to marry Rumi(for f sake) because there is a competition going on like an Indian Idol show. So who wins and how does it end? I am not going to reveal anything because first half made me laugh my a off and second half blew my mind off.

Verdict:

What kind of f world we have come to live for? I don’t deny this movie showcases the reality of our very own modern society but who cares? Sleeping with whosoever is coming in your way and giving it a name of relationship or love? Well, I am disappointed to waste my two cents at this movie for which I was genuinely excited as it has been directed by one of my all-time favorite director’s i.e. Anurag Kashyap. I admire him for the direction, songs and even for certain scenes which have been portrayed quite well but please slap Miss Dhillon for writing this piece of s and wasting my time and making me feel like a “Victim”. After watching this movie I was certain this is it, this is the reason you don’t watch movies at theater anymore because whatever is happening in a f up manner is being shown and promoted like a superb love story. People are giving updates about their first night and honeymoon to their ex’s(god please Anurag ko utha le). I believe a bit of maturity was expected out of Rumi and Vicky but then they wanted to make it look like Delhi University love saga couples who would come and say “Yeah, sex is the only relationship we want these days with no connection”. May god bless all whosoever is admiring this movie and finding solace in it? I am not going to take any risk because Mukkabaaz was still at par with Anurag’s previous work but this one goes to dustbin and songs are the only thing I am going to listen to while working out.

Signing off!