Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

Mumbai India
Beware! you might get into fraud!
Jan 15, 2016 12:02 AM 14691 Views

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

Manish market is located near Crawford market, CST, Mumbai. It is wholesale market for electronics and mobile parts and accessories.

I heard about this market from my friends. I visited this market last year to find replacement for my previous mobile phone(HTC Sensation) LCD screen as it was bricked. I reached there through Andheri-CST harbour line.

The market is very much crowded and dirty(looks like slum area). You might feel unsafe there if you went there for first time as I felt. The shopkeepers looks uneducated and speaks mumbaiya language. If you are not smart enough then you will easily get caught into the fraud as I caught. I visited various shops there to find out LCD. After spending 10-15 minute here there I got it from one of the shop. He quoted me Rs 2000(with 7 days of warranty) for first time but after bargaining he quoted me Rs 1500. So I bought it from him and replaced it with my old bricked LCD from mobile repairer shop located just besides his shop. I was very happy(even though that LCD was not original) because I got very good deal(As HTC service center quoted me Rs. 7000 for new original LCD).

After I came to my home in couple of hours that LCD gone out completely black. I took my phone again to that shop next day. He told me that he will replace it tomorrow and he gave me his mobile number. So I went to home with waving hands. Again next day I went to his shop but he was not there. I called him(from my moms old Nokia phone) couple of times but he didn't answered my any of the calls. I also tried to contact him through whatsapp(using bluestacks) but he blocked me there. After this I visited his shop 3-4 times but he was not there. Suddenly I realized that I caught into fraud and my phone has become nothing but a paper weight. So my dear friends do not visit this place until and unless you know what are you doing. Learn from my mistakes. Always go for branded one if you could. That china LCD cost me Rs. 11, 800(Rs 1, 500 of that dead LCD+ Rs 150 to mobile repairer, Rs 150 for traveling cost to CST from Jogeshwari+ Rs 10, 000 for new mobile phone). Thank you!

Manish Market - Mumbai