Accessibility:

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

I visited this beach in May 2017. I had a very good experience. We were on a Karnataka trip and visited Udipi after coorg. From udipi bus stand we took an auto ride to malpe beach, which was 7km away. The auto fares were quite expensive. We reached the beach and spent some quality time.

The beach is clean and serene. The water too is clean and there are lot of fish stalls. The price here is cheap too and we had golden prawns for 100rs. They were really tasty and a must try if you go here. We did island visiting ST.MARY'S island by boat. The island too was very clean and is considered as a geographical landmark. However, the hotels and resorts of the beach ARE VERY EXPENSIVE. You can do quad-biking, camel riding, horse riding, etc. on this beach. From Sept 15 - May 15, you can do JET-SKI, PARASAILING, BANANA RIDE, BOATING, and many other watersports. Rs.2000/- and you can do all of the water rides. Coming to safety, the people are very humble here and of helpful nature. You should not be afraid of thieves or getting cheated by shopkeepers here. We watched the sunset too sitting on the rocks which are 1 km from the main beach.

Overall it was a very pleasant and memorable experience on this beach and I would definitely recommend you to come here if you are on a Karnataka trip.

Thanks for reading my review. Cheers!

Malpe Beach - Udupi