Paper Handling:

May 28, 2015 03:55 PM 2933 Views

Paper Handling:

Service:

Printing Speed:

3D printer is now the new trend in the country.Just in its infancy, still a lot of improvisation required in these printers.But whatever I have seen and used till now in the form of Makerbot Replicator 2 is unbelievable! I have seen a demo and used it in a workshop only, yet to purchase after investing a lot as this is very expensive.

From what I have seen, this printer functions very much like a electric glue gun, wherein you insert the plastic gel filament at the back of the gun & then it heats up and melts the glue filament and ejects glue .The only difference is that the filament inserted in this printer melts and takes a new shape, the output and becomes hard again.What shape to create is inputted into the 3d printer as graphic instructions thru the computer or drive just like your normal printing routine.I have created a few plastic toys and gifts but I first had to design the same in a graphic software like autocad and then modify it and finally removed the output thru this printer.For me, makerbot Replicator 2 is an intelligent printer and like a robot it follows our instructions.Very user friendly if you have knowledge of graphic editing softwares.After I purchase this printer, I plan to do a business of creating nice artistic 3D models for Architects.

I am waiting for the day, when this printer would reach such an advanced stage that like in the movie, series Star Trek, I would just verbally order a pizza on the 3D food printer in my room and it would just pop out a pizza in minutes!

Write a Review on Makerbot Replicator 2 3D Printer