Originality:

**I Am Here For You**
Dec 17, 2004 07:47 PM 9324 Views
(Updated Dec 17, 2004 07:48 PM)

Originality:

Ok, am in a review mood today. Have already written one this morning on Christmas Carols and am writing another one now! I swear, it must have something to do with Christmas :D!!!

Anway, I'm back to my regular music reviews, which cool_tanmay was ever so impressed by ;-)!!!! Well, as usual the Main Hoon Na album did not come to me as easily as it should have done.

I had actually bought it in India and as usual was full of tension when packing. Unfortunately, when I got back to England I realised that I had left it there. After 6 desperate attempts to contact some of my relatives in India, when I finally got in touch I realised that it was actually lying in an inside pocket of my suitcase. Warning to all.....never let your mother buy your suitcase!!!

They buy them filled with all of these secret pockets etc. etc. which you never discover until a year after. My sneaky little cousin had packed the album in this pocket for me to ''save me from any hassle.''

Did a good job didn't she?!:-O

Track 1 - Main Hoon Na

-----------

The first time I heard this track I didn't think much of it. I just thought it was some of your regular bollywood filmi songs, but on my 6th attempt on listening to it, I found it quite beautiful. This is an inspirational song, which is telling someone that they are there for them. What really struck me was the 2nd verse, which I have put underneath. It is so beautiful. Sonu Nigam does a good job in this song, then again that is nothing new for Sonu Nigam. Shreya Ghosal only has a few lines, but makes the most of them. The song is very refreshing. BTW listen out for the guitar intro, it really is something!

Rating: 95%

Kehne ki ho dil mein koi baat, mujhse kaho,

Koi pal ho din ho ya ho raat, mujhse kaho,

Koi mushkil koi pareshani aaye, Tumhe lage kuch thik nahi haalaat, mujhse kaho,

Koi ho tamanaa, ya ho koi aarzoo,

Rehna kabhi na bekaraar, Main hoon na....

Track 2 - Tumhe Jo Maine Dekha

-----------

A nice bouncy track sung well by Abhijeet and Shreya Ghosal. I was going to put it in my list of Five Best Songs Of Abhijeet but space was confined. The lyrics are nice and basically mean that since I have seen you, I have no sense. This is a fun song and it is one to be enjoyed.

Rating: 90%

Track 3 - Chale Jaise Hawaiyen

-----------

I have a mixed opinion on this song. I actually used it in a dance competition once and won. The only good thing I like about this song is the 1st verse, because everyone says it describes me. Everytime it comes on, my friend Rahul points at me and goes ''Its your verse!!'' However, there are many reasons why I don't like this track. I don't know why, but I have never been a fan of Vasundhara Das, whether in Monsoon Wedding or in regular singing. I feel she is too loud, and sometimes it sounds like she puts on a voice which isn't naturally hers. In this track, she is basically screaming her heart out. KK's verse at the end doesn't help to justify the track either, it just makes it worse. Now we just have a screaming ladka and ladki. Music is nothing great.

Rating: 48%

Koi roke, koi aaye, jitna bhi mujhko samjhaaye,

Main na sunungi kabhi....Apni hi dhun mein rehti hoon,

Main pagli hoon, mein ziddi hoon....Kehte hai ye to sabhi,

Koi nahi jaana....ki armaan kya hai mera....

Track 4 - Main Hoon Na Remix

-----------

Can't say much about this track. It is definitely one you can skip on your player. Its quite amazing how some remixes manage to spoil such beautiful songs.

Rating: 22%

Track 5 - Ye Fizaen

-----------

This is another bouncy track like Track 2 and manages to catch the same likeness. The music is nice and bouncy. I don't like the intro much though. Lyrics are nice....is generally a nice track. K.K. sounds much better in this track that in Track 3. Alka Yagnik does well. I prefer the verses to the main chorus though. Also like how the ending fades out. BTW check out the track on TV, its the ending of the movie and is really good!

Rating: 80%

Geeton Ka Mausam Hai, Khwabon Ka Aalam Hai

Ab Hosh Kam Kam Hai

Jeevan Ki Raahon Mein, Tum Ho Nighahon Mein

Banhein Hain Banhon Mein...

Track 6 - Main Hoon Na Sad

-----------

This is my favourite track of this album! I can't actually believe that it is an Anu Mallik song. The track is dominated by Abhijeet. The music is beautiful, especially the violin intro at the beginning. But the thing that touches me is the lyrics. They are absolutely beautiful and heartfelt. So is Abhijeet's singing. A definite must listen!

Rating: 101%!!!

Jo Bandhan Toote, Jo Apne Roothe

Paas Aa Jaayein Phir Se Dooriyan

Ye Kyun Hota Hai Ke Dil Rota Hai

Bebas Ho Jaati Hai Ye Zabaan...

Track 7 - Gori Gori

-----------

Ok, I knew Anu Mallik just had to screw something up! Have read many review on this topic on MS and quite a few people seemed to like this track. Sorry folks, I don't!!! It was inspired by some old great songs, probably Shammi Kapoor generation. This sort of stuff can still be pulled off today if it is pulled of nicely! Not here!! Anu Mallik and K.K. trying to sound their best in one track!!! I cant bear it, I cant bear it!!! Both Sunidhi Chahuan and Shreya Ghosal are part of my favourite singers, yet in this track they were just completely wasted. Unless you like tacky, 2nd hand jazz music, you could listen to a minute or 2 of this and then skip it! Lyrics are nothing great!

Rating: 30%

Gori gori gori gori gori gori

Kabhi kabhi kahin kahi chori chori,

Chup chup ke tum mila karo,

Pyar pyar baatein shatein kia karo....

Track 8 - Tumse Milke

-----------

Finally last, but not the least a Qawali track. These seem to be becoming more and more popular in Bollywood these days. This track has a good beat, definitely one you would tap your feet too. I don't think much of the dekho pyare, ye nazare, ye parwane, ye diwane... as it sounds rushed, but a good track all the same. Sonu Nigam sounds great in this track. I prefer the verses to the chorus though. That's just because I prefer the lyrics in the verses!

Rating: 77%

Dil To Hai Ek Raahi Jaana, Dil Ki Tum Manzil Ho

Dil To Hai Ek Kashti Jaana, Jiska Tum Saahil Ho

Dil Na Phir Kuchh Maange Jaana, Tum Agar Haasil Ho

Dil To Hai Mera Tanha Jaana, Aao Tum Mahfil Ho..

Hope you enjoyed!! I think I may take a break for a while, so have a Merry Xmas!

Signing of in my own way -

Keep riting,

Keep smiling

Ankita :-)

Comments And Ratings Most Eagerly Awaited!!!

Write a Review on Main Hoon Na Songs