Parking:

Worth the Experience
Feb 10, 2007 07:44 PM 10163 Views

Parking:

Store Range:

When I first came to Bangalore back in 1999 , everyone told me the place to shop hassle free for provisions was MK Ahmed on CMH Road.

Needless to say I lived in a PG accommodation on CMH road and the lack of my own mode of transportation narrowed it down to a tee.

Supermarkets are normally frequented by people only within the vicinity of a 5 km radius at best, this is an educated guess so don't hold me to it.

I grew up in Dubai and MK Ahmed reminded me a lot of the supermarkets back in Dubai in the 80's and early 90's. So I certainly took a liking to it as they stocked up on a lot of foreign goodies (food that is) and the billing counters were absolutely the best.

I hate it when we have to stand in long queues and jostle our way through people unlike a famous retailer (read the Future group) who says it adds to the experience (the man must be nuts!!) , M K certainly takes the cake when it comes to real quick billing and no crowded counters.

MK Ahmed went through a brand change and opened a large format store called MK Retail down the road closer to CMH Hospital.

Now here's a place you would die to shop.You get everything under the sun , helpful sales personnel and the billing counter is still the best.

They have four levels  each dedicated to a particular category and  an elevator to boot, you wouldn't have too many supermarkets with that in India.

Kudos to you guys , I wish other retailers would take a leaf out of their book and make shopping more pleasurable for us.

Ps , you guys need to work on the parking though ;-)

M.K. Ahmed Shopping Centre - Bangalore