Opposite Mausam Bhawan, Near Gate No 1, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003, DL

+91-11-24655054,+91-11-24652808

The Lodi experience, deeply disappointing
May 24, 2009 09:00 AM 2798 Views

Having visited The Lodi with friends and relatives for a few years, I was taken aback by the extremely poor quality of food, service and advice on my last visit last week. I agree with much of the critical comments that another reviewer has made although I would add that in our case the waiter simply was incomprehensible

He just could not explain what was being offered and the chef appeared to have little idea of how to please a customer except to say that "this was how we make it here" in response to a specific comment. The ambience remains good, that's one saving grace and in the blast furnace that Delhi becomes in the summer, it was cute to find scented water vapour being sprayed out of the pipes which ran along the hedge outside. It calmed the irritation somewhat but gave a filmy touch to the whole experience, more fiction than food and I'm still wondering whether I should be brave enough again to venture there.

Maybe one should blame it on the weather, maybe things will imporve in the winter, maybe they'll get new chefs or managers or waiters, that's when I should take my chances again and hope that the decor is as pleasant as ever but that the food would have improved as the service and the advice. But till then I'll tell friends and fellow foodies to stay away.

Lodi Garden Restaurant - Lodhi Road - Delhi