Opposite Mausam Bhawan, Near Gate No 1, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003, DL

+91-11-24655054,+91-11-24652808

Treat for all senses - Garden Restaurant
Jul 02, 2007 01:11 PM 10748 Views
(Updated Jul 03, 2007 12:46 PM)

Passion for good food keeps my group up to explore new places in Delhi. Weekend was around the corner and my friends wanted to go to a new restaurant this time. Friday evening when I was coming back from office I got to know that we all gathering at “The Garden restaurant, Lodhi Road.

This restaurant is situated on the Lodhi road next to the Lodhi Garden Gate. Five minutes drive from the very famous Delhi Haat. Parking would not be a problem but I would advise to go with reservation to avoid any hassle.

As the name suggest this place is all about green trees, various beautiful plants and bushes. You’ll get to see a dramatic blend of these greenery and furniture. Each and every sitting place is so unique in itself. Lights and fabrics have been used very beautifully to give a dreamy look to the restaurant. It’s a great experience to sit under the star in such a lovely ambiance with good instrumental music flowing around.

The menu was another treat for foodies like us. An elaborated menu for Cocktails, Mocktails and Continental food was good enough to increase our appetite. We ordered our food and sink in the beauty of the place.

Service was very fast, we did not have to wait for very long for our food. Food was icing on the cake. Every thing we ordered was delicious. Being a Vegetarian I could not taste every thing we ordered but my friends were telling me its worth tasting the non-veg that day J. I had some Panne Arabiata with assorted breads. If you love non-veg then their Lamb cuisine are must try.

By the we finished the food we were absolutely stuffed but then came Dessert menu. Some ten types of cakes and puddings were placed on the big plate and it was sent to tempt us. Obviously we could not resists and ordered Chocolate shuffle and Carmel pastry.

Though this one of the cream restaurants of Delhi, its not exceptionally expensive. Two ppl can have a decent dinner in 1500-2000 Bucks(yes that’s normal in Delhi).

I really loved the place and enjoyed every bit of being there. If you are looking for a nice place to take the special one of yours to a lovely and romantic place, then an evening at Garden restaurant I recommend.

While we were coming out, I saw a big swing covered by white fabric from three sides. ”Creativity at its best” I just thought.

Lodi Garden Restaurant - Lodhi Road - Delhi