Cooling and Sound:

LG 1.5 ton AC not working
May 12, 2010 03:45 PM 15693 Views

Cooling and Sound:

Reliabiity & Satisfaction:

I have purchased an LG 1.5 ton split A/C last year from Tirumala Music Center, Begumpet, Hyderabad for about Rs. 23000 in April, 2009. They took 7 days to install it. To give credit where its due, last year it cooled well even when we has set it at 24 degrees. This year it started giving problems. Initially it was cooling on and off. One fine day, the display stopped working. So I had to open the top cover and start it by pushing a button under it. But as the A/C display wasn't working we couldn't set the temperature.

I called the LG Customer Care and changed the display. As the A/C was under maintenance I got the new display for free. When there is a voltage fluctuation, the cooling comes down drastically. For the last couple of weeks the cooling started to go down and it wasn't cooling at all. The cooling was very bad. In fact it was slightly better than a fan.

We called the customer care again, a service technician came and informed us that it needs a gas recharge. The service technician was talking in terms of low voltage and all. I gave him a small dressing down and he promptly checked other parts of the A/C and told us that it needs a gas recharge. My question is does a one year old A/C require a gas recharge? Isn't it too early? Now I am having many second thoughts and even thinking of replacing this.

I am also unhappy about the power consumption.

In our other bedroom we have a 12 year old Hitachi Window A/C and it cools within no time. The cooling is very nice and room quickly becomes cool.

On the positive side, it used to cool the room fast and makes little noise.

LG LWN-1861 AC