Cooling and Sound:

Do not buy LG AC
May 05, 2010 12:03 PM 2817 Views

Cooling and Sound:

Reliabiity & Satisfaction:

I bought a Split AC on 25th May from Amutha Agencies in Tambaram Chennai. The installation was done on the 27th after repeated reminders and calls. The installation person did not demo the unit properly and the installation was done shabbily - the person did not clean up the mess after completing the installation.

For a couple of days, we tried operating the AC based on the manual, but the cooling effect was not good. So I requested a service person to come and check the unit on 30th May. A couple of service people called but no one visited. Couple of days back, a wrong service person (Fridge specialist) turned up! He left immediately without giving an alternate number.

Yesterday, I called up again to renew the service request and I was given another number and was promised someone will turn up by the evening. No one called or visited. Here I am sweating in 35 degrees heat after spending 25K on the AC. Not sure what else I need to do to get the problem fixed. Still waiting for the service to happen.

Overall, it has been a very disappointing experience with LG.

Buyers beware!