Cooling and Sound:

Reliabiity & Satisfaction:

LG

LG 1 Ton Split AC Review: My Disastrous experience
Jun 01, 2016 07:27 PM 52898 Views
(Updated Jun 02, 2016 02:42 PM)

Cooling and Sound:

Reliabiity & Satisfaction:

Had always learnt from customer reviews and grievances that LG refrigerators were not up to the mark in the large refrigeration appliances category. So in all honesty I never opted for one. One of the biggest mistakes I made was purchasing an LG 1 Ton 3 Star Air Conditioner recently.

My ordeal all started the day I visited a multi-brand appliance retailer Panavision Televideo Pvt Ltd, located in South Mumbai, Opera House. When I visited the dealer I had zeroed in on either Daikin or Voltas or Hitachi. On visiting the owner warned me that brands like i.e Daikin and Voltas have off late started manufacturing inferior quality Split Air Conditioner products and I should instead consider an LG Split AC. I had purchased a Voltas Vertis some years ago from Panavision and taking their word for it I planned to go ahead with LG at an MRP of Rs. 28, 000/-. For me the indoor unit sound was the biggest concern and I made it a point to ask if the indoor unit created sound and they very confidently confirmed that it didn't.

Now I was really excited to return home one day after a hard day at work to check my brand new AC installed. But my nightmare began the very moment I switched it on that very night. The sound of the blower even at its bare minimum(Fan Speed 1) was quite audible and this really played havoc as I could barely sleep. My Voltas Vertis AC at a lower fan speed was much much quieter even after 8 years of use. Secondly it takes you half an hour for the room temperature to drop from 30 degree to 24-23 degree. The Himalayan Cool technology is a joke, it does nothing to cool the room in moments rather creates unbearable noise.

I then called Panavison who instructed their after-sales representative to check the unit and they told me that this is the minimum sound at 39db that nothing can be done. And the cooling too was a result of the high temperature. Then later I contacted the LG service center reps who visited my house and admitted that the internal unit created sound that was normal according to them. I thought they were kidding me because I have Videocon Units installed at my workplace that are more silent. Now after a week the cooling started giving issues and I was informed by Panavision service reps that there was a gas leak. Initially when installing the AC the after-sales people had confirmed that I could use my previous one ton pipe for the new unit, but later I was informed that the old pipe caused the leak. So I assumed that the faulty pipe caused the blower sound and decided to invest in a new one. But even after shelling out Rs. 4, 000/- for a new pipe extension and gas the sound continued.

I spoke to Panavision and told them that the AC was giving me sleepless nights and if they could exchange it for another brand or model. I was even ready to absorb the depreciation. In fact I went and met the owner personally but he said there was little he could to to help me. He curtly advised me that there was someone in his circle who was ready to purchase the product for Rs.14, 000/- or half the MRP and he would get back to me. I left his shop in complete dismay. Panavision never got back to me on the person wanting to buy my AC. After 10 days there was water leaking from the internal unit and the after-sales person came and fixed it they said the first person who had installed the unit did not fix the drain pipe properly hence the leakage.

LG LSA3UR3A 1 Ton 3 Star Split AC