LG

Never think of buying LG mobile phones
Jul 19, 2011 11:18 AM 1656 Views

I bought this phone in Oct 2010 and now after just 9 months this phone stopped working. I tried inserting SIM cards of more than one network but still the error message "Unable to find network" was being displayed.

I took this to an authorized service centre who were initially reluctant to accept the phone for service. I had to argue with them that this is within the 1 year warranty period and managed to give them the phone. They called me later on told that the entire motherboard has gone bad and it would cost close to Rs.3000 to change the same. They are not ready to accept my argument that this is a manufacturing defect that the phone couldn't withstand even 1 year of operation.

But they are telling the same dialogue that this is due to "physical handling" of the phone and hence doesn't come under the warranty coverage. I have decided not to spend on this stupid phone anymore and going to throw this onto the trash can. Never in my lifetime will I ever buy a LG mobile phone.

LG GU220