Video Quality:

Sound Effect:

LG

Lg 42" lh60YR Series Jazz not being delivered!!
May 31, 2010 03:02 PM 4427 Views
(Updated Sep 27, 2010 05:52 PM)

Video Quality:

Sound Effect:

31ST MAY 2010 buying experience Part 1. Part 2(user experience) is below.

I bought a lg 42" lh60yr series jazz lcd from Rahul electronics(Dahisar E) Mumbai on 25th May 2010 for 55, 000/ they gave me the same deal being offered at Gala and sons at kandivali and Jain electronics at borivali W. my reason for purchasing it from Rahul electronics was a heavy discount on my additional purchase of a base model LG microwave.

Initially they told me that the TV was in stock and it will be delivered the very next day. Music to my years:) but to my mis fortune they called the next day and told me that it will take at least 4 days more. in the mean time I got calls from LG Service reps asking me if they can come in for product demos. I informed them that the products were still to arrive. It turns out Rahul electronics had placed a complaint that the service demos hadn't been given even before delivering my TV!

I called customer care to give a complaint about the dealer. they passed me on to Mr Praful karkera from Borivali(sales department regional head) who in turn made me speak to Mr Arif who works for him. Mr Arif was kind enough to speak to the dealer and ask him to deliver it ASAP, giving me some hope.

Eventually I called the dealer yesterday askin him about the delivery and he happily repiled that the tv had left the jogeshwari storage and will reach me in 2 hrs time.

Its been 24 hrs, no sign of the tv yet!

Mr Praful/ Arif's cell is not reachable. lg customer care says we cant register dealer complaints. Dealer(Mohan and Suresh Bhai - rahul electronics) doesn't give a shit!

Some important numbers if you are facing the same problems that I have faced and already called.

lg cust care - 02232962813(Borivali)

lg callcenter - 1800 180 9999(press one if its after 8 pm or call gets disconnected)

Mr Arif/ Praful Lg sales - 02228352882 /83/84/85/86/87

Part 2 . User experience with Lg Jazz 42" lh 60 yr series lcd. 27TH SEP 2010

Well. its been 4 months now since ive been using the 42" Lg jazz and here's what I wanted to share with others looking at this LCD as an option.

The picture clarity is good, no issues there. It more or less depends on the print or signal clarity you get from DTH services. Ive watched a few Blue ray movies on it and the results are simply amazing:)The USB and HDMI cable slots to the right side are quiet usefull as its easy to change pen drives often with out much difficulty after the tv is wall mounted.

I Have particularly found the HDMI slot usefull now days as the Laptop can be connected using a 2.0 HDMI cable that transfers video and sound both. Extremely usefull to surf the net on the big screen and listen to music from the 700 W virtual surround speakers.

Here are a few things I discovered after buying the TV1) the TVs USB connection reads pen drives but not external HDD coz there is no support for NTFS file systems where as USB devices are often Fat 32.

2) If you pause a move for more then 2 mins the movie starts all over again and has to be forwarded.

3) The sound is generally very good if the clear voice is set to level 5 or 6. However at 5.1 virtual surround sound the sound clarity goes down considerably and its hard to understand what  the movie characters are saying:(

Overall after the first few days of frustration of the Tv not being delivered ive been satisfied with the product.

the Tv is good in terms of features/ clarity(sound and video both) and it has HDMI support.

For the price I paid I dont think I could have got a better deal.

THIS IS A GOOD PRODUCT FROM LG:)

LG 42LH50