Video Quality:

LG 42LH60YR 'jazz' is instead a rock star
Jul 31, 2010 05:53 PM 4130 Views

Video Quality:

Sound Effect:

I'm a gadget freak and love to follow the developments in all kind of gadgetry. So when it came to buying a LCD TV for myself, I wanted to buy the best out of the best. But best of the best is not sold in India:-) and almost best are way expensive.

It was Dec 2009, I started visiting showrooms across Bangalore for demos and meantime researching in net for good ones. We never owned any LG products at our home and so I didn't had LG in my mind. Asked sales guys to show Samsung(as they make panels for Sony) and Sony TVs. As a standard all showrooms had Samsung 550 series and Sony W/S series which are low end spec models but priced around 67k to 75k for 40 inch models. As per forums AVSforum, they had said a lot good about 650 series of Samsung. But could not find it in Bangalore even as display piece. So dropped Samsung TVs from my list. As I did not like 550 series ones. Sony dropped as it was expensive and no discounts offered.

Left with only LG TV and other brands like panasonic, sharp, etc. I thought of postponing buying TV to next year as I could not afford my favorite brands. When one sales guy explained that LG LCD TVs are good these days, reluctantly accepted for demo. He played a DiVx file and mp3 file from USB pendrive on 42LH60YR and first thing that caught me was the speaker quality was better than Samsung and Sony. When I say better, it was excellent. But I couldn't believe how LG could make something better than Samsung and Sony. Next day went with my own pendrive with photos, mp3s and divx files. Great. was delighted by the quality and brought it for Rs 62000 the next day and got it delivered the same day.

Recently brought Tata Sky HD and the combination rocks like a rock star. Only problem faced so far was with USB pen drive, which sometimes is not detected and need to switch off/on continuous to get it working. But that got rectified by software update by LG guys.

LG 42LH50