Video Quality:

Good buy for the Money
Dec 10, 2008 10:31 AM 1839 Views

Video Quality:

Sound Effect:

I will talk about my experience with LG tv. I was an adrent supporter of Onida as we are using a Onida in my parent's house for a long long time. So Onida was the only product in my mind when I went to buy a TV. I went along with my friend who also has a Onida and a supporter of Onida.

But when we visited the TV showroom there were 3 contenders, Sony (which is obviously costly for the same configuration), Onida and LG. (Samsung, Philips etc., didnt attract me very much). But I couldn't beleive my eyes when I saw LG's picture quality was better than Onida and it is very much comparable with Sony. So with the picture quality LG was a winner for sure(considering Sony, it was very little better than LG, so considering the price, I decided that LG was better!!!).

Then we compared the sound quality and I was even more surprised to hear from the salesman than sound quality is the best quality that LG possess! And it was true that Onida's sound quality was not even near to the sound quality of LG. I couldn't even differentiate the sound quality between Sony and LG. So in sound quality also LG clearly emerged as a winner as for as I am concerned!

So I started to look at other features that LG has. It has a all the facilities like 200 channels, timer, games, child lock etc., that all the TV's nowadays equipped with!

There was this one quality which impressed me a lot and that is the degauss elemination option. To explain that in laymen's terms, TV's sometimes develops some dark areas in the blue screen due to some picture tube Interdependencies. LG has an option where you can eliminate those dark areas to some extent using this degauss elimination option. (Can't do much with complete malfunction of picture tube)

Also it has some nice custom made sound selections for movie, music etc., and a 5 band equaliser.S-video input was one another feature I use the most. (of course almost all television now comes up with S-video apart from the conventional A/V input/output).

I can keep on explaining my good experience on LG TV. Also I am trying to think any bad quality that it possess, but I cant some up with anything! There may be some qualities it could add up in their armour like AM/FM radio (i hear some models in LG has this option too!), USB connections for music and videos and if not too much an inbuilt dvd/vcd player. (I wonder why that concept is not popular in India???)

I have no information in service and support because (touchwood) I so far not endured any problems!

Overall with my experience LG LG29FE5REE is very good and it's a good buy for the money.

LG 29FE5REE