Plot:

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

Talk technology. Talk style. Talk cinematography. Talk villans as negative heros! Talk hero as the youth supreme. It might be news for many, but I am talking about the latest in bangla cinema, Kranti. I had read the mouthshut community review and other reviews in various bangla newspapers and I was apprehensive when I walked into the theatre to watch it. I was stunned to see the film. Critics have gone nuts to write so much against this film. Why I wonder? Plot is old but packaging in freak out new! The style of the director deserves a pat on his back. Things we have never seen before in bangla films was presented boldly (includes a kiss!) and full marks to debutant Riingo for such a slick edit and the rousing background score. The screenplay is good but what steals the show is his cinematography. You have to see it to believe it that it is a bangla film.

The hero Jeet is super - looks strong and acts great. Asish is simply magic (reminded me of Drohokaal) and the scene of his father being sacrificed was chilling. Stsnd out performance from Rishi Kaushik and Raghav (did not get the artist's name - super voice!). The love song is superbly picturised on some hill station. The Kranti anthem was used very smartly and in the climax when the chant began, the hall simply errupted. Come on critics, are you deaf or you intend to act deaf and dumb???

It is a commercial movie all along and I loved it all the way. I recommend this film highly and remember, this is the call for the change of style in bangla cinema. Who says we cannot make our films look and sound and feel bollywoodish? Who says only bombay can shoot the fights and songs well? Watch Kranti and you will know what I am saying.

Riingo, way to go man!