Phone Banking:

Oct 19, 2019 04:22 PM 546 Views

Phone Banking:

ATM Availability:

Internet Banking:

A salary account was offered to me by my previous company, after 3 months the bank had indirectly issued a credit card in my name without even informing me that the credit card has been issued to me. After knowing this I called the Kotak Bank Customer Service centre they told me that the credit card is absolutely free and doesn't include any charges in it. After receiving the credit card, after 8 months I have made a small purchase of Rs 435 at Dmart in Mumbai from the issued card. The same amount of Rs 435/- was billed to me, but the bill was received only after due date. So I thought to make the payment at branch. When I went to kotak's nearest branch they told me there has been a penalty of Rs 1062/-, which I have to pay. I was shocked to hear this that for a small amount of Rs 435/- they are charging a penalty of Rs 1062/- which is almost 3 times. I told the Bank staff that I will only pay the amount which I have spend, but the bank staff didn't agreed. After 4 months kotak Bank e has sent me a legal notice stating that the total payment of Rs 1762/- has to be paid. After receiving a legal notice and to avoid the legal formalities I was provoked to pay the amount of Rs 1762/- with the credit card closing charges of Rs 1000/- extra. Even thought the amount was paid in a proper manner at still the kotak people hasn't closed the same in their system, which is still reflecting as opened in my cibil score. Kotak Bank is nothing but a creepy Bank, which is just looting innocent customers.

Kotak Mahindra Bank