Accessibility:

Infrastructure/Facilities:

Taxi/Rent-a-Car:

Jessore Rd, Dum Dum, Kolkata 700052, WB

+91-33-25118036

Needs a huge improvement ..!
Oct 19, 2007 04:51 AM 1979 Views

Accessibility:

Security/Immigration:

Infrastructure/Facilities:

Taxi/Rent-a-Car:

I have traveled through Kolkata's Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport for at least for 8-10 tomes in the las 3 years. I mostly used the international terminal, and only 3-4 times the domestic.

I must say that the international terminal need a great face lift. It looks very old and gloomy. Toilets are not that clean and nice looking. There is no good cafe or restaurant in the lounge, too.

But, on the other side, the immigration officers are very efficient and polite. Once I reached Kolkata in a British Airways flight and found that there are some counters'for Indian nationals'! It was very nice for me, because the flight was full of Europeans and they had to stand in long queues! I must mention about the check in baggage guys. they are really helpful and know how to do their job. I liked their offer to help me take my luggage on the trolley when I arrived after a long flight. I do it without any extra money or other gain! Really amazing.

The scenario in the domestic terminal is a bit different. It looks brighter and bigger than its counterpart. But, there is a hell lot of passengers. every time. Its always crowed. Sometimes, you may have to wait a while even to get a trolley! But, comparatively I like the domestic terminal better than the international.

I hope the govt will seriously plan for the improvements of Kolkata Airport. I heard that the CM of West Bengal is working on a plan to get a new airport in Kolkata. I will be nice for the city, I must say.:)

Kolkata (Calcutta), India (CCU) - Netaji Subhas Chandra