Road Grip:

Rs. 31,000 (Ex-Showroom)

Kinetic

Wonder bike
May 30, 2005 08:24 PM 5946 Views
(Updated May 30, 2005 08:26 PM)

Road Grip:

I bought a RED-BLACK kinetic laser one month ago. The bike has great looks , performance. On paper bike looked one of the best in it's segment.

But all is not that simple. I went through a lot of pain to purchase this wonder machine. I still do not understand why kinetic is not marketing such a great bike( I see more unicorn's than my laser). Kinetic dealers seem to a problem too, they are happy selling scooters and show no interest in selling there bikes. Service and customer handling I experienced was real bad. Finally I struck a deal with one of the kinetic showroom in Delhi. One gentleman was real nice and he promised to deliver the bike within a week. :-(

There were a lot of phone calls from my side to enquire about my bike (i had made the payment). Finally I got really frustrated and was wondering if I had made the right decision.

Finally after a fortnight I got my bike. The looks are great(i do not like the huge tanks of pulsar). I enjoyed my first ride, pick up seemed to be perfect, I really doubted the quoted mileage. Rightly so, initial mileage was lot lower that what I expected. But after the first service bike was flying, mileage was in 40's (i will take that). Pick up is like anything, but there seems to be a compromise on the top speed as such after 70-80 bike seems to make more effort that it took to reach that point. Bike is really comfortable, designed for comfort.

Ohh .. the sad story ... Take care of those flashy , stylo mirrors .... I lost one of those in the first week. Mirror's stretch out to be hit, one of the damned pulsars handle struck the right mirror in parking. It was really sad to see my new bike with a single side mirror. :-(

None the less, I feel real happy with this bike , great power , pickup mileage. Only thing I feel bad about is the service kinetic is providing. Kinetic dealer's do not care , the worst possibility they site is that I will not come to there service center. If that seems Ok to THEM THEN ... good luck kinetic.

Kinetic GF170 Laser