Road Grip:

Rs. 45,357 (Ex-Showroom)

Kinetic

GF 125 - A tremendous bike
Sep 21, 2005 02:19 PM 8101 Views
(Updated Sep 26, 2005 09:28 PM)

Road Grip:

Hi everybody,

I am a proud owner of GF 125, a bike from the Kinetic motors stable. I bought this bike in Jan, 2002. Its been more than 3 1/2 years now since I bought it. It was the second highest priced bike then( I bought it for around Rs. 53, 500) and I bought it for its sheer looks and road presence. At that time, it was the only bike with self starter as a standard fitment and it boasted of India's first( and remains the only) bike to have a 4 valve engine.

I'll like to tell you that this bike has been very consistent in performance terms, still has a great road presence and has a relatively higher maintenance costs attached to it. It gives a lot of vibration at around 50-60 km/hr but is absolutely smooth at around 90 km/hr. U'll be wondering why. Well this is becoz it has been developed in collaboration with Hyosung which is a manufacturer of racing bikes and generally develops high end bikes and GF is a high end bike, especially the 170cc new GF. Its mileage has hovered around 40 lately and used to be around 50 when it was new. and yeah, i'll add that I have always been ruthless on it ie. always the first one to get off the red light and always riding at more than 70 k's in city traffic with frequent and abrupt braking and acceleration. I have heard from my friends that if u're patient and drive at normal speeds of 50, it can give extra ordinary mileage.

for any person planning to buy this beauty, i'll recommend that one buys only if he/she is mad about the looks. this is coz now, there are so many more competitors which are now better than this bike. I can though still say that when I am stopped on the red light, many still ask if I have modified my bike or else, how is its mileage and other related questions for the sole reason that u cant find many on delhi roads in a day. It has a gr8 road presence and catching a girls attention is not difficult if u're riding this bike with alloys fitted in it. The sparkling silver( which I own) looks really hot on this bike.

I have had 3 accidents on this bike( all becoz of my fault) and still after getting it repaired, it gives great performance. though the vibration has increased a bit.

I wonder why this bike has recieved such a pathetic response from Indians. No wonder, it is now being exported abroad.

The bottom line is that the new versions of this bike with a fitment of 1

70 cc engine are good. they are cheaper ,have the same performance level and make u distinct on roads. if u like being distinct, buy it.

Kinetic GF125