Road Grip:

Rs. 45,357 (Ex-Showroom)

Kinetic

The Hot Stuff
Aug 30, 2002 11:29 AM 6455 Views
(Updated Aug 30, 2002 11:29 AM)

Road Grip:

I love two wheelers. The joy of riding a bike is unmatched by any f the wishes that the witch offers in the movie “ Bedazzled”. To look into a bike’s specialties and analyze its capabilities and at the end go for a cozy ride is so heartening. Now that is one of my hobbies and every new vehicle should be test rided by me, that’s my wish. Though it doesn’t happen always it does occasionally. Anyway, in this wonderful endeavour of mine, I came across the Kinetic GF-125 and I tell you what, it is hot. Simply, burning with perfection. It gives me Goosebumps really. I would hereby like to share my thoughts about this hot stuff with you.

The bike is a stylish and cosmetic blend of current trends and retro cues. While the head lamp and twin meter pods reminds of the Classic Bullet, the fuel tank and the body simply burns with style and artistic touch. The plethora of chrome on the meter pod, head lamp, the silencer and the rest of the lustrous parts tempt us to keep looking at it all the time.

The firmly padded seat is nicely contoured over the rear of the petrol tank. The finishing on the seat is awesome and basically, what I loved about the seat is the comfort it provides. You can ride all day. The tail is the exact opposite of the front end. It comes with a sleek design and without that carrier, it rocks. The downtube chassis and the telescopic forks provide for a great balance. The most noteworthy of them all is the digital CDI ignition system. It has been optimised to adjust ignition timing, felicitating greater fuel efficiency.

With a 125cc engine and 12bhp, the 135 kg muscular machismo performs excellently. The engine is a willing performer and is particularly strong at higher speed. Remarkably silent is the four-valve engine unit. But definitely there is vibration in the engine after a certain speed. A five-speed gearbox enables the Kinetic GF-125 to reach a speed of 90 kmph easily. The gear shifting is child’s play and involves no whines or rumbles.

Riding this bike is more of a pride than pleasure. With the bike, so stable, handling it is never a problem. There is not a hint of wander or weave. In my opinion, the bike has a great suspension, bettering all its competitors. “Indian roads.....No Problem” says the bike, which reacts fluidly to sudden jolts, resulting in a comfortably supple ride. Whether it is a straight road or a tuff corner, the bike can handle it. Though the occasional brake judders do occur, the brakes are quite good in demanding situations. On the whole braking is very effective and it goes on with a good feel and linear control.

With all these wonderfully hot features behind our minds, we check out the mileage it gives. For many a soul, this is the yardstick while choosing a bike!! The Kinetic GF125 gives an overall mileage of 55kmpl and I feel that is pretty good for a muscular bike like this. With all these wonderful package, GF125 yields a multi-purpose versatility that makes the bike a useful tool even in the urban chaos or the fast moving highway.

To sum it up, Kinetic GF125 isn’t really perfect. But the brake judders and insufficient speed can in no way detract from the immense performance capabilities of the fluent engine and the flawless handling. For me the bike is quick, smooth, intensely comfortable and looks stunning. Oh ! My God!! It is hard to resist.

How about you? Go check out this hot stuff.

Kinetic GF125